Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot flash rom, cannot connect phone, slow camera and sometimes won't turn on

Tip us?

mollysue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial [Q] Cannot flash rom, cannot connect phone, slow camera and sometimes won't turn on

Hi there!

I have a plethora of problems with my HTC One. They're all relatively minor issues, just wondering if there is some one thing causing them all or if this is just a ****ty phone and I need to ask my phone company for a new one.

I have 4.4.2 CM 11-20140402-NIGHTLY-m7 with TWRP 2.7 S-OFF

Issues:

- Sometimes the screen won't turn on. This usually happens after using the camera, the phone is "on" but the power button does nothing. Have to restart.

- The camera takes around 5-6 seconds to start. Black screen during that time, then it starts normally. It often force closes continuously until reboot.

- I cannot flash any roms, always get the error "Error executing updater binary in zip". Zip is downloaded through built-in updater and attempting to flash through TWRP.

- HTC Sync Manager does not recognise the device on any computer, ever. I cannot transfer files via USB.

Any help and I'll be eternally grateful. Seriously wtf is wrong with this phone.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysue View Post
Hi there!

I have a plethora of problems with my HTC One. They're all relatively minor issues, just wondering if there is some one thing causing them all or if this is just a ****ty phone and I need to ask my phone company for a new one.

I have 4.4.2 CM 11-20140402-NIGHTLY-m7 with TWRP 2.7 S-OFF

Issues:

- Sometimes the screen won't turn on. This usually happens after using the camera, the phone is "on" but the power button does nothing. Have to restart.

- The camera takes around 5-6 seconds to start. Black screen during that time, then it starts normally. It often force closes continuously until reboot.
Well for these 2 issues, you could start by using a stable rom instead of using a nightly build... Nightly builds are not for everyone and you can expect to have some minor bugs with them, like these 2 one you have described.

Quote:
- I cannot flash any roms, always get the error "Error executing updater binary in zip". Zip is downloaded through built-in updater and attempting to flash through TWRP.
what about downloading a rom from the website and checking md5 values? What version of TWRP is on the phone?

Quote:
- HTC Sync Manager does not recognise the device on any computer, ever. I cannot transfer files via USB.
Drivers not installed correctly on your computer. connect your phone to your computer, go to windows devices manager. Your phone is listed as ''One'' or ''My HTC'' ?

Quote:
Seriously wtf is wrong with this phone.
nothing
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot