Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GT-I9195: Sudden Death

Tip us?

Sam Solomon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2786

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatric View Post
I had these screen issues too... But for me removing the battery and reflash the Rom did it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevengw View Post
Seems like your new phone has over heated and caused some serious damage to screen and maybe gpu\cpu.
Seen this happen recently with a ROM I installed also. But pulled battery out in time. And installed another.
I always watch out for over heating when installing a new ROM. Usually a sign somebody messing with CPU clocks.
For your sake though I hope you got it in time and can flash another ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
I dont think its ROM issue...But Right part of Touch not working... and display gone off... Works without screen... And whenever i give a blow on that right side of the screen....Display Flashes and goes off... I have given it to be checked in a local store

Sam Solomon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2786

DONATE TO ME
UPDATE : At a Local Shop,they said display is damaged because of water ... [ i never kept or used it with water]

Samsung Store said ...Display was burnt from inside and they will replace it for 6k Indian Rs....

stevengw
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Tell them phone over heated when charging and using WiFi at same time!

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

AhsonAli
Old
Thanks Meter 10
burnt, seriously... are you sure you charger is original from samsung?

Sam Solomon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2786

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevengw View Post
Tell them phone over heated when charging and using WiFi at same time!

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk
They wont because my Phone is GT-I9195 and was bought from Outside...No Warranty available for me in India...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsonAli View Post
burnt, seriously... are you sure you charger is original from samsung?
I use original USB Cable to charge from PC

urtin
Old
(Last edited by urtin; 25th May 2014 at 11:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hey I've seen this issue too, one of my friends has a GT I9192 and I updated his phone to the latest stock ROM first it worked very good, but one day he was recording something with his camera, and then played the recording after that the phone shut down, and didn't want to restart after taking the battery out and trying again and again, it reboots and after 3 or 4 min turns off again. I flashed some other stock roms but nothing, when I get in recovery mode, after some minutes the screen goes all blue.
And sometimes when restarting it shows colored lines in screen.
Went to Samsung Costumer Care (Saudi Arabia) they say that the phone has been rooted (which is not true) cause the KNOX Warranty bit shows 0x1
I don't know what to do.
The phone was bought in Saudi Arabia. And I live in Europe
Could I send it somewhere in Samsung CS in Europe cause i heard that here in Europe the KNOX warranty bit doesn't affect hardware damages (which I think that this issue is a hardware damage)

Sam Solomon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2786

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by urtin View Post
Hey I've seen this issue too, one of my friends has a GT I9192 and I updated his phone to the latest stock ROM first it worked very good, but one day he was recording something with his camera, and then played the recording after that the phone shut down, and didn't want to restart after taking the battery out and trying again and again, it reboots and after 3 or 4 min turns off again. I flashed some other stock roms but nothing, when I get in recovery mode, after some minutes the screen goes all blue.
And sometimes when restarting it shows colored lines in screen.
Went to Samsung Costumer Care (Saudi Arabia) they say that the phone has been rooted (which is not true) cause the KNOX Warranty bit shows 0x1
I don't know what to do.
The phone was bought in Saudi Arabia. And I live in Europe
Could I send it somewhere in Samsung CS in Europe cause i heard that here in Europe the KNOX warranty bit doesn't affect hardware damages (which I think that this issue is a hardware damage)
Yeah, Its was simple... But device's inside got burned out for no reason... Display board isnt working.... Take it to SVC .. only way