Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Firmware upgrade encountered an Issue

Tip us?

biglug
Old
(Last edited by biglug; 26th April 2014 at 01:31 AM.) Reason: additional info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Firmware upgrade encountered an Issue

Hi,
I am a newb, so speak slowly and be gentle.
I recently bought a note 10.1 2014 edition. I rooted the device. then when KITKAT was released, I flashed back to stock and did the 4.4 update. Success. I then tried to root using CF-AutoRoot. this is where the problem occurred. ODIN 3.09 seemed to freeze for a long long time. I disconnected the USB cable and when trying to reboot the NOTE, I get this error message... Firmware encountered an issue...
So now it is in a boot loop of sorts. I can get the Note into download, but when I try to launch ODIN and re-flash the original stock file, it fails....

Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
P600ueubkm1_P600XARBMK1_Home.tar.md5 is valid
Checking MD5 finished successfully..
Leave CS..
Added!!
Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
File Analysis
Setup Connection
Complete (write) operation failed
All threads completed (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I also see this message on the note display (SW Rev. Check Fail. Device:3, Binary:2)

And to top it off, I get USB connection errors (sometimes device not recognized) when I connect the NOTE to the computer.

Can anyone help ?

Many thanks...

biglug
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglug View Post
Hi,
I am a newb, so speak slowly and be gentle.
I recently bought a note 10.1 2014 edition. I rooted the device. then when KITKAT was released, I flashed back to stock and did the 4.4 update. Success. I then tried to root using CF-AutoRoot. this is where the problem occurred. ODIN 3.09 seemed to freeze for a long long time. I disconnected the USB cable and when trying to reboot the NOTE, I get this error message... Firmware encountered an issue...
So now it is in a boot loop of sorts. I can get the Note into download, but when I try to launch ODIN and re-flash the original stock file, it fails....

Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
P600ueubkm1_P600XARBMK1_Home.tar.md5 is valid
Checking MD5 finished successfully..
Leave CS..
Added!!
Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
File Analysis
Setup Connection
Complete (write) operation failed
All threads completed (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I also see this message on the note display (SW Rev. Check Fail. Device:3, Binary:2)

And to top it off, I get USB connection errors (sometimes device not recognized) when I connect the NOTE to the computer.

Can anyone help ?

Many thanks...

got it flashed to kitkat via kies3 and a different computer...if anyone else has a similar issue

stevfuri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
got it flashed to kitkat via kies3 and a different computer...if anyone else has a similar issue
I'm having a similar issue but when I try to use Kies to do the firmware update it tells me "SM-P605V does not support initializing" Have you seen this message?

biglug
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have not.... I have the p600 wifi only and was able to enter my model # and serial # to update the firmware. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 631
Quote:
I have not.... I have the p600 wifi only and was able to enter my model # and serial # to update the firmware. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Try using ODIN 1.85 or 3.07 instead of 3.09
Tags
firmware, galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition, issue, kitkat, upgrade