No registration required

[Q] Firmware upgrade encountered an Issue

OP biglug

26th April 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
Hi,
I am a newb, so speak slowly and be gentle.
I recently bought a note 10.1 2014 edition. I rooted the device. then when KITKAT was released, I flashed back to stock and did the 4.4 update. Success. I then tried to root using CF-AutoRoot. this is where the problem occurred. ODIN 3.09 seemed to freeze for a long long time. I disconnected the USB cable and when trying to reboot the NOTE, I get this error message... Firmware encountered an issue...
So now it is in a boot loop of sorts. I can get the Note into download, but when I try to launch ODIN and re-flash the original stock file, it fails....

Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
P600ueubkm1_P600XARBMK1_Home.tar.md5 is valid
Checking MD5 finished successfully..
Leave CS..
Added!!
Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
File Analysis
Setup Connection
Complete (write) operation failed
All threads completed (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I also see this message on the note display (SW Rev. Check Fail. Device:3, Binary:2)

And to top it off, I get USB connection errors (sometimes device not recognized) when I connect the NOTE to the computer.

Can anyone help ?

Many thanks...
Last edited by biglug; 26th April 2014 at 02:31 AM. Reason: additional info
26th April 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglug

Hi,
I am a newb, so speak slowly and be gentle.
I recently bought a note 10.1 2014 edition. I rooted the device. then when KITKAT was released, I flashed back to stock and did the 4.4 update. Success. I then tried to root using CF-AutoRoot. this is where the problem occurred. ODIN 3.09 seemed to freeze for a long long time. I disconnected the USB cable and when trying to reboot the NOTE, I get this error message... Firmware encountered an issue...
So now it is in a boot loop of sorts. I can get the Note into download, but when I try to launch ODIN and re-flash the original stock file, it fails....

Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
P600ueubkm1_P600XARBMK1_Home.tar.md5 is valid
Checking MD5 finished successfully..
Leave CS..
Added!!
Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
File Analysis
Setup Connection
Complete (write) operation failed
All threads completed (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I also see this message on the note display (SW Rev. Check Fail. Device:3, Binary:2)

And to top it off, I get USB connection errors (sometimes device not recognized) when I connect the NOTE to the computer.

Can anyone help ?

Many thanks...

got it flashed to kitkat via kies3 and a different computer...if anyone else has a similar issue
26th May 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:

got it flashed to kitkat via kies3 and a different computer...if anyone else has a similar issue

I'm having a similar issue but when I try to use Kies to do the firmware update it tells me "SM-P605V does not support initializing" Have you seen this message?
26th May 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
I have not.... I have the p600 wifi only and was able to enter my model # and serial # to update the firmware. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
26th May 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 636

1,599 posts
More
Quote:

I have not.... I have the p600 wifi only and was able to enter my model # and serial # to update the firmware. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Try using ODIN 1.85 or 3.07 instead of 3.09
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition, issue, kitkat, upgrade
Previous Thread Next Thread