Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS apps

Tip us?

Einride
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
I get a green LED notification when I receive texts, and I use Textra. Or did you mean a customizable LED notification?
Lay down your soul to the Gods rock n roll!

Beards
Old
Thanks Meter 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einride View Post
I get a green LED notification when I receive texts, and I use Textra. Or did you mean a customizable LED notification?
Sorry, worded it wrong. Yes, unlike GoSMS there is no custom LED Notification.
What I am seeking is custom sounds and LED for each SMS Contact.
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.

Einride
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
While you can set the LED notification color in Textra, there are no options for specific settings per contact. Not that I know of at least.

(I obviously don't text enough to even consider an option like this. Then again, I hate texting and avoid it as much as possible )
Lay down your soul to the Gods rock n roll!

se1000
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealtbh View Post
Try 8sms, it's the same as the Cyanogenmod messaging app which is great. The icon is horrible but can be changed in settings
this, especially on changing the icon.

Beards
Old
Thanks Meter 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einride View Post
While you can set the LED notification color in Textra, there are no options for specific settings per contact. Not that I know of at least.

(I obviously don't text enough to even consider an option like this. Then again, I hate texting and avoid it as much as possible )
I believe I have stumbled across individual notification sounds and LED's.
From the main list of all your SMS addresses Press and hold on an individual contact then in the top right corner of the screen tap and select 'Notifications'.
This brings up a list of options for that individual contact.
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deepflash
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I am using TextSecure. It allows encryption of messages when the other person has it too, it is free and u can set it as standard sms app. Also u can set a password to protect your messages.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk