Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint LG Optimus G bootloop and partition error?

Tip us?

gearslam
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Usually if download mode isnt flashing you need to open the phone and do a physical battery pull (battery cable disconnect/reconnect) then try download mode again.
Its unlikely, but you may have a hardware failure.

Crazyglue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearslam View Post
Usually if download mode isnt flashing you need to open the phone and do a physical battery pull (battery cable disconnect/reconnect) then try download mode again.
Its unlikely, but you may have a hardware failure.
well i pulled the battery for about 2 minutes and booted back into download mode. I tried the LGFlashTool and LGNPST, both with the same results. I'm assuming its just a hardware failure at this point, right?

gearslam
Old
Thanks Meter 107
If you didn't try any conversions like Nexus 4 or F180 KK where the partitions are different and your data partition disappeard (went to 0) like you said, I'm leaning more towards a bad memory chip.

Crazyglue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearslam View Post
If you didn't try any conversions like Nexus 4 or F180 KK where the partitions are different and your data partition disappeard (went to 0) like you said, I'm leaning more towards a bad memory chip.
Hmmmm, bad memory chip means I can't really do anything at all. I guess I'll just trade it in to sprint when I buy a new phone. Hopefully I can get like $50 off the new phone, maybe more.