Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Beware! screen is not scratch resistant at all.

Tip us?
 
PaperStSoapCo.
Old
#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Mime USA ghost glass. gogo.
(had three nano.tslim spigens on my s4, all were chipped and broken within two months.)
 
Martinjv71
Old
#32  
Martinjv71's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 476
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Did I read THIS right? He put it a pocketful of keys and thought nothing would happen? OMG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T



Rocking ViSiX !!!!!!!!
 
don2012
Old
#33  
don2012's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 2,383
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ajman

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjv71 View Post
Did I read THIS right? He put it a pocketful of keys and thought nothing would happen? OMG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Hit thanks if you find my post interesting or helpful..
 
skyrocketeer
Old
#34  
skyrocketeer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 516
Join Date: Feb 2012
Pretty sure that your pocket had sand.
Gorilla glass has a hardness of about 5 on the Mohs hardness scale.
Anything higher than that will scratch. Quartz sand has a hardness of 7. Metal has about 4 or 5.
Rookie mistake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Samsung SGH-X426 >Nokia 6126 > Sony Ericsson W580i > Nokia E62 > Palm Treo 680 > Palm Pre Plus > Samsung Skyrocket i727 with JellyBean!> Samsung Galaxy S5

 
Oh and a Kindle Fire HD 7 won from a raffle.


Remember to press Thanks if I helped you!
 
vulcanvillalta
Old
#35  
vulcanvillalta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 156
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Miami
Default Use Common Sense

These phones are very valuable, and they cost money to maintain. This is no surprise to anyone. I have an Otterbox Commuter case on my phone, with a screen protector from I dont remember what company. I worked in a pastry shop for a year and was constantly around tons of sugary dirt, and had powder on my clothes and hands all the time. The otterbox performed outstandingly, and all that was required of me was to use common sense: Don't expect your phone to remain immaculate forever when you fully know it will not, but make preservative efforts so as to make it last as long as you can.

Most phone contracts last for what? Two years? You can be careful with an expensive device that you need to keep for that long. Just be respectful of it, don't be a wild animal throwing it around, and just act like the adult you are. No matter what you do, if you drive your car, it will eventually get some dirt on it. Same thing with a phone. Just be a good owner, and take care of the phone (car), knowing that it will be taking a bit of a beating while you own it. There is no need for threads this long about how upset we get about scratches. It's part of the phone contract. You get a new one every once and a while. Just relax, and treat it with respect.
 
don2012
Old
#36  
don2012's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 2,383
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ajman

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta View Post
These phones are very valuable, and they cost money to maintain. This is no surprise to anyone. I have an Otterbox Commuter case on my phone, with a screen protector from I dont remember what company. I worked in a pastry shop for a year and was constantly around tons of sugary dirt, and had powder on my clothes and hands all the time. The otterbox performed outstandingly, and all that was required of me was to use common sense: Don't expect your phone to remain immaculate forever when you fully know it will not, but make preservative efforts so as to make it last as long as you can.

Most phone contracts last for what? Two years? You can be careful with an expensive device that you need to keep for that long. Just be respectful of it, don't be a wild animal throwing it around, and just act like the adult you are. No matter what you do, if you drive your car, it will eventually get some dirt on it. Same thing with a phone. Just be a good owner, and take care of the phone (car), knowing that it will be taking a bit of a beating while you own it. There is no need for threads this long about how upset we get about scratches. It's part of the phone contract. You get a new one every once and a while. Just relax, and treat it with respect.
Yeah ...well said ..still haven't got my car yet but yeah ..lol.
It's that I never use any of my phones without case and protector. .this was just a mistake and ...screen protectors weren't available at that time ..atleast they weren't in my reach...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Hit thanks if you find my post interesting or helpful..
 
zounduser
Old
#37  
zounduser's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1469
Posts: 4,574
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: sioux falls SD

 
DONATE TO ME
Wow

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER
 
don2012
Old
#38  
don2012's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 2,383
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ajman

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser View Post
Wow

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah. ..
Anyways sold the phone and due to the scratches and etc the phone was sold for 440$ ....420$ actually 20$ somehow got miss placed so weird ...lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app
Hit thanks if you find my post interesting or helpful..
 
don2012
Old
#39  
don2012's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 2,383
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ajman

 
DONATE TO ME
A tip to hide hard or bad or a group of hard scratches.
Ingredients/requirements

Deodorant
Cleaning cloth
Perfume
Tempered glass protector

The procedure. ..
...clean with a cloth..
spray deodorant
wipe it ...
then spray perfume on the scratches
Don't not wipe
Then apply a tempered glass protector WITHOUT WIPING THE perfume that you sprayed ....

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app
Hit thanks if you find my post interesting or helpful..
 
Baldilocks
Old
#40  
Baldilocks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 994
Posts: 2,429
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dover, DE

 
DONATE TO ME
I always put phones in my pocket, without screen protectors. I work in an industrial setting and not once have I ever had those kinds of scuffs/scratches like shown in the photos here.
Nexus 5 - Loving me some Google

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes