Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updating rooted S4 to 4.4.2 Kitkat

Tip us?

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Updating rooted S4 to 4.4.2 Kitkat

Firstly, thank you for your time in reading this, I appreciate it.

I made the mistake of rooting and installing safestrap on my AT&T S4 (SGH-I337) and even after unrooting,and removing safestrap, I am unable to take OTA updates. It reaches 25% in the recovery, and then fails.

This leads me to believe that in order to take the Kitkat update, I will have to flash the NB1 update using odin (In the PDA slot??), allowing me to go all the way back to stock and be able to take OTA's from then on out. I am probably wrong though.

Alternatively, I could just stay on 4.3 for the rest of my time on the phone before I upgrade in one (ish) years. I'm not really a poweruser, and only really use my phone for texting and internet, so it's probably not a big deal, although I would prefer to be running the newest version of android if possible.

In order to go completely back to stock, what would I have to do, and is it worth the risk of a brick to get to that point?

Thank you again, and have a nice day.

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Follow this thread to install a pre-rooted KitKat ROM from a large list of Roms - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2680868

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk