[Q] WiFi tether on unlimited data plan

7th April 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 617

now that we have s-off, just flash cwm and then this zip - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708548 to get native tether to work.

op, this is the final method and I can verify it works. add this to the first post.

in short, native tethering works flawlessly.

Edit: If you want a permanent root than uninstall weaksauce and then flash superSU in recovery.
Not required for tether, but replica is right that people probably want it also

I just got the xposed native method working lol. Is there any other advantage to the s-off and cwm method to make it preferred? The primary reason I want root is for tethering. I did custom roms on my old device, but I don't know if I'll do that on this one or not. I know I could use it to get rid of the bloatware, but the bloatware doesn't seem to be interfering with anything atm so I might wait before doing it if there isn't any other real advantage.
13th April 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #152  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 298

2,575 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven6282

I just got the xposed native method working lol. Is there any other advantage to the s-off and cwm method to make it preferred? The primary reason I want root is for tethering. I did custom roms on my old device, but I don't know if I'll do that on this one or not. I know I could use it to get rid of the bloatware, but the bloatware doesn't seem to be interfering with anything atm so I might wait before doing it if there isn't any other real advantage.

Can you tell me how you did it with xposed? Thanks.

Sent from my M8
14th April 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #153  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Would this work on an One (m7)
I have been holding off on updating to KitKat, because of it killing FoxFi. I would gladly root and use this if it would work.
14th April 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #154  
Flag Western Washington
Thanks Meter: 26

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 617

now that we have s-off, just flash cwm and then this zip - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708548 to get native tether to work.

op, this is the final method and I can verify it works. add this to the first post.

in short, native tethering works flawlessly.

Edit: If you want a permanent root than uninstall weaksauce and then flash superSU in recovery.
Not required for tether, but replica is right that people probably want it also

Confirmed working. However, I used TWRP to flash.

Dunno if it's getting throttled almost immediately, though. First speedtest was 24.16Mbps down, subsequent tests are around 2Mbps or less.
19th April 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #155  
Flag In your home
Thanks Meter: 49

307 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just flashed Skyfall and the native wifi tether works just fine. No fuss with apps. Love it!
26th May 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #156  
Thanks Meter: 31

167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l7777

I left tethering guard disabled, but modified two lines in the XML file.

Code:
Line 176:  <item type="boolean" name="tethering_guard_support">false</item>
Line 836: <item type="integer" name="TetheringGuard_Rule">0</item>

This is what worked for me. Stock 1.12.605.11, stock kernel, weaksauce root, firewater S-Off.
Used EFS File Explorer in Root Mode, Mounted RW. Survives on reboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread