Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nova launcher + BlinkFeed ?

Tip us?
 
twoeleven99
Old
#1  
twoeleven99's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Posts: 1,126
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NYC/TAMPA
Default Nova launcher + BlinkFeed ?

Is it possible to run move launcher but still be able to access blink feed ? It says I have the app downloaded but I can't run it from nova

ARHD M8
 
the|gamer
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 262
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate

 
DONATE TO ME
You can't because BlinkFeed is the Launcher.
working for a mobile phone company, stopped counting my mobile phones.
 
twoeleven99
Old
#3  
twoeleven99's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Posts: 1,126
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NYC/TAMPA
Ahh ok. I thought it was just the news feed widget

ARHD M8
 
onenine6
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
im sure you can..check youtube...you can set it as a gesture like double tap home screen..go to gesture controls for nova..select which one you want to use,select shortcut i think..go to activitites then find blinkfeed..find blinkfeed launcher and asign it to gesture...or you could leave shortcut on homescreen
 
Darknites
Old
#5  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2265
Posts: 5,609
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenine6 View Post
im sure you can..check youtube...you can set it as a gesture like double tap home screen..go to gesture controls for nova..select which one you want to use,select shortcut i think..go to activitites then find blinkfeed..find blinkfeed launcher and asign it to gesture...or you could leave shortcut on homescreen
I just tried that with Apex but there is no blinkfeed in shortcut or app .
 
onenine6
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknites View Post
I just tried that with Apex but there is no blinkfeed in shortcut or app .
try looking for blinkfeed in activities which is in shortcuts.....ive done it on nova launcher before and tsf shell with the same method...on youtube type in nova launcher and blinkfeed and they will be videos explaining...
The Following User Says Thank You to onenine6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Darknites
Old
#7  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2265
Posts: 5,609
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenine6 View Post
try looking for blinkfeed in activities which is in shortcuts.....ive done it on nova launcher before and tsf shell with the same method...on youtube type in nova launcher and blinkfeed and they will be videos explaining...
Yep got it work but need to already be on the Blinkfeed.
 
mehmetolgungun
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 102
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Antalya

 
DONATE TO ME
A few months ago i saw an app on market, which lets you open blinkfeed in any launcher. But i couldnt remember its name now. It was something like htc link.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Darknites
Old
#9  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2265
Posts: 5,609
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmetolgungun View Post
A few months ago i saw an app on market, which lets you open blinkfeed in any launcher. But i couldnt remember its name now. It was something like htc link.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
No need when the launcher can do it already. I have it as a swipe up gesture to show it.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more