Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 44,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Internet browser's window resolution is only 1280x710?

Tip us?

camspy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223
Unhappy Internet browser's window resolution is only 1280x710?

In comparison with my laptop's 1080 and my desktop monitor's 1440 resolutions, the highest of all resolutions - my tablet has upsetting low resolution when I browse sites.

Any way of increasing it at least to 1080?

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 154
What makes you feel that the resolutions is low? The amount of info shown on the screen or the actual clarity of the image?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

camspy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223
To make it short: http://whatsmy.browsersize.com/

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 769
Maybe stop using Samsung's stock browser?
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 154
No, change the dpi setting for the browser using Xpo sedan module App Settings. Setting Chrome to 213 gets me closer to 1080 though not exactly 1080.

Text is small though so I'm not leaving it like this.

double07
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am seeing 1280x800 on both stock browser and Chrome. I am wondering if that is just the browser that rescaled to make it easier to read the text. I will check my GN10 2014 to see it will say the same?

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by double07 View Post
I am seeing 1280x800 on both stock browser and Chrome. I am wondering if that is just the browser that rescaled to make it easier to read the text. I will check my GN10 2014 to see it will say the same?
I ran the test on every android device I have, none came above the 750 pixels wide. Which is a nightmare, because all the responsive design sites think anything below 1080 wide is 4" or smaller, so you get forced onto the mobile website with no way to the desktop version (as that's how responsive works, there's no "go to desktop view" and "use desktop mode" doesn't work.)
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

double07
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
I ran the test on every android device I have, none came above the 750 pixels wide. Which is a nightmare, because all the responsive design sites think anything below 1080 wide is 4" or smaller, so you get forced onto the mobile website with no way to the desktop version (as that's how responsive works, there's no "go to desktop view" and "use desktop mode" doesn't work.)
I misread. The screen size is 1280x800 while the browser is 1280x750 as you mentioned. However, the very strange thing is: The reading seems to vary. I am getting browser size from 1280x688, 710, 750 ???

Using Dolphin browser, the sreen size is 2560x1600 while the browser size is 980x525.

I am beggining to question the the test app? if it is getting the correct info or different browsers are really skew the resolution?

I don't know what to believe at this point?

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Blech, I just realized that I had typos in my prior post. Have any of you tried setting dpi in xposed module App Settings yet? I have settled on a setting of 256 and get a browser window width of 1600 on the test site that camspy linked above.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk