Post Reply

[Q] N8020 semi brick,stuck startup logo,No Recovery Mode!

OP MUNEEB_AKHTAR_RAZA

22nd May 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Sialkot
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKobes

Yes N8000 is the twrp recovery for N8020. Yes pit is risky but if you read into how to do it and follow it you will be just fine. Sometimes a device may require running NAND Erase also (meaning checking the box in odin). The biggest problem with pit file is people not knowing and just running it as if they were getting a custom ROM.

i tried the twrp recovery also but still same the custom binary counter increasing but no recovery mode....
Can u plz tell me a bit about pit flashing how to do that????One more thing i only able to find one pit file all over the google which is created by a user so can i use that pit file..
Thanks for ur time!
22nd May 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
I didn't find a working pit for my n 8010. Don't worry too much about the binary counter, mine was 118 today, I reset it with triangle away. I don't have the balls to do a nand erase on mine, I'm not even sure that is required for my problem, at least mine is working.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
24th May 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #13  
KDKobes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUNEEB_AKHTAR_RAZA

i tried the twrp recovery also but still same the custom binary counter increasing but no recovery mode....
Can u plz tell me a bit about pit flashing how to do that????One more thing i only able to find one pit file all over the google which is created by a user so can i use that pit file..
Thanks for ur time!

When you ran N8020XXBMA3_N8020XSABMA2_N8020XXBMA1_HOME.tar in odin did you have the re-partition box selected?
25th May 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Sialkot
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKobes

When you ran N8020XXBMA3_N8020XSABMA2_N8020XXBMA1_HOME.tar in odin did you have the re-partition box selected?

Never ticked this option yet...So you suggest me to do so?
26th May 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #15  
KDKobes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUNEEB_AKHTAR_RAZA

Never ticked this option yet...So you suggest me to do so?

Yes, dont check auto boot though leave that unchecked and if it passes reboot to recovery and do a data wipe then reboot. If you run into error add your pit file to the pit window along with your stock tar.md5 file and run it just as I mentioned before with repartition selected

Make sure the pit file you use is for your device model/storage size
Last edited by KDKobes; 26th May 2014 at 07:06 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 10.1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank