[Q] New Battery, Factory Reset - still battery drain

Search This thread

the95d

May 26, 2014
I have got a strange problem.
My Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace has a battery drain of 50% per night without usage, WLAN off.

The device is rooted, and I've had an battery issue when using Link2sd with a ext2 partition (bcm.sdhc.3 kept the phone awake all time). I fixed it using ext3. This was six month ago, no problems after that.

Since last week, I got this huge battery drain. BetterBatteryStats tells me the phone is sleeping most of the time, no suspicious processes.

I tried with a battery from a friend, no result.
I factory-reset my phone, no result.
I used a ClockworkMod recovery from the time before link2sd, no result.

The battery is still draining like hell.
What else could I do instead of throwing the phone away? Please help!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

I have got a strange problem.
My Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace has a battery drain of 50% per night without usage, WLAN off.

The device is rooted, and I've had an battery issue when using Link2sd with a ext2 partition (bcm.sdhc.3 kept the phone awake all time). I fixed it using ext3. This was six month ago, no problems after that.

Since last week, I got this huge battery drain. BetterBatteryStats tells me the phone is sleeping most of the time, no suspicious processes.

I tried with a battery from a friend, no result.
I factory-reset my phone, no result.
I used a ClockworkMod recovery from the time before link2sd, no result.

The battery is still draining like hell.
What else could I do instead of throwing the phone away? Please help!

It most probably will be your battery problem. How old is your battery? I know you said you tried your friend's battery, but try again with another battery for Ace. Also try using another rom. Do post the results. Hope I Helped :)

the95d

May 26, 2014
It most probably will be your battery problem. How old is your battery? I know you said you tried your friend's battery, but try again with another battery for Ace. Also try using another rom. Do post the results. Hope I Helped :)

His Battery is not very old. And I think it would be strange it is really a battery problem, because it happens very sudden and the behaviour of the two batteries is the same.

The phone is 1,5 year old. I think about unrooting and try to make use of the guarantee or to get another rom and flash.
But if it would be a software problem, at least the recovery should overwritten the faulty settings, or not?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

His Battery is not very old. And I think it would be strange it is really a battery problem, because it happens very sudden and the behaviour of the two batteries is the same.

The phone is 1,5 year old. I think about unrooting and try to make use of the guarantee or to get another rom and flash.
But if it would be a software problem, at least the recovery should overwritten the faulty settings, or not?

Once your battery gets as low as 15 to 20%, go to CWM> Advanced> Wipe Battery Stats and then charge for 3 hours without a break. See if there is any change. Follow this beautiful guide by @Venomous Viper 119 on improving the battery backup and performance of ace. Here is the link,

Improve battery life & performance of Ace

Hope I Helped :)

the95d

May 26, 2014
Once your battery gets as low as 15 to 20%, go to CWM> Advanced> Wipe Battery Stats and then charge for 3 hours without a break. See if there is any change. Follow this beautiful guide by @Venomous Viper 119 on improving the battery backup and performance of ace. Here is the link,

Improve battery life & performance of Ace

Hope I Helped :)

Well, thanks for the link. My newest information is: the battery is draining even when the phone is off. I think, either the NSA installed their new feature, or it is relly a hardware defect :(

androdev26

May 28, 2014
Well, thanks for the link. My newest information is: the battery is draining even when the phone is off. I think, either the NSA installed their new feature, or it is relly a hardware defect :(

okay whatever he said was right. my suggestion is get a new battery ,change the rom and stop charging it too much.now if you want detailed solution ineed you to give me all the info about your phone.and also i want to know if your battery has swelled or has damages. i can help you because i have an old galaxy ace which has faced 99 percent problems in this world.

PRESS THE THANKS METER IF I HELPED YOU:cool: