Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Black screen on calls

OP riche1

11th May 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #11  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 870

3,027 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riche1

If I put a clean install of a TW rom it does not work either. I have to change the dialer settings. My girlfriend told me this happened as soon as she installed the 4.3 update way before I rooted the phone.It happened to her sister too. I did not know about the issue until I rooted. . I doubt it's the recovery I'm using. I had problems installing CM with TeamWin Recovery. I had to use Philz. Like I said, I don't mind keeping her on TW roms and she doesn't care either. It would be great to find out what is causing this. It's got to be something with the proximity sensor detection, but the proximity sensor does work otherwise the TW gestures and features would not right ?

Was the clean install done using a stock 4.3 TW ROM? I didn't know there was a problem with the 4.3 update that affected the proximity sensor.
25th May 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Was the clean install done using a stock 4.3 TW ROM? I didn't know there was a problem with the 4.3 update that affected the proximity sensor.

Originally stock 4.3 updated through ATT is when she started to experience the problems. She fixed by going to dialer/settings leave screen on during calls. I rooted the phone not knowing this had been an issue before. After making sure the stock 4.3 was rooted I installed cyanogenmod and thus the issue was back. There was no way to fix it another than to install a TW rom and go through the dialer/settings. If that settings is not checked then the phone will go black as soon as a call is made. I can't find away around it. I keep forgetting to come back on check here for replies.. sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the help

Richard
25th May 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #13  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 870

3,027 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riche1

Originally stock 4.3 updated through ATT is when she started to experience the problems. She fixed by going to dialer/settings leave screen on during calls. I rooted the phone not knowing this had been an issue before. After making sure the stock 4.3 was rooted I installed cyanogenmod and thus the issue was back. There was no way to fix it another than to install a TW rom and go through the dialer/settings. If that settings is not checked then the phone will go black as soon as a call is made. I can't find away around it. I keep forgetting to come back on check here for replies.. sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the help

Richard

The behaviour exhibited by the phone after the update is not right. If it was a software issue, it would have been solved by flashing a custom ROM.

I have flash a few custom ROM and non-custom ROMs onto the d2can (i747m) and none of the phones behaved the way yours does.
26th May 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

The behaviour exhibited by the phone after the update is not right. If it was a software issue, it would have been solved by flashing a custom ROM.

I have flash a few custom ROM and non-custom ROMs onto the d2can (i747m) and none of the phones behaved the way yours does.

she said it was not a problem until the phone was updated to 4.3 through ATT software update. This was way before I rooted the phone. The same thing started with her sister's phone. So.. I'm stumped as to what the problem could be. I rooted it because I thought CM11 might fix the issue and that was not the case. I don't know how I can go about fixing it. I don't want to take a chance in bricking the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread