Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 48,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Black screen on calls

Tip us?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by riche1 View Post
If I put a clean install of a TW rom it does not work either. I have to change the dialer settings. My girlfriend told me this happened as soon as she installed the 4.3 update way before I rooted the phone.It happened to her sister too. I did not know about the issue until I rooted. . I doubt it's the recovery I'm using. I had problems installing CM with TeamWin Recovery. I had to use Philz. Like I said, I don't mind keeping her on TW roms and she doesn't care either. It would be great to find out what is causing this. It's got to be something with the proximity sensor detection, but the proximity sensor does work otherwise the TW gestures and features would not right ?
Was the clean install done using a stock 4.3 TW ROM? I didn't know there was a problem with the 4.3 update that affected the proximity sensor.

riche1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Was the clean install done using a stock 4.3 TW ROM? I didn't know there was a problem with the 4.3 update that affected the proximity sensor.
Originally stock 4.3 updated through ATT is when she started to experience the problems. She fixed by going to dialer/settings leave screen on during calls. I rooted the phone not knowing this had been an issue before. After making sure the stock 4.3 was rooted I installed cyanogenmod and thus the issue was back. There was no way to fix it another than to install a TW rom and go through the dialer/settings. If that settings is not checked then the phone will go black as soon as a call is made. I can't find away around it. I keep forgetting to come back on check here for replies.. sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the help

Richard

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by riche1 View Post
Originally stock 4.3 updated through ATT is when she started to experience the problems. She fixed by going to dialer/settings leave screen on during calls. I rooted the phone not knowing this had been an issue before. After making sure the stock 4.3 was rooted I installed cyanogenmod and thus the issue was back. There was no way to fix it another than to install a TW rom and go through the dialer/settings. If that settings is not checked then the phone will go black as soon as a call is made. I can't find away around it. I keep forgetting to come back on check here for replies.. sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the help

Richard
The behaviour exhibited by the phone after the update is not right. If it was a software issue, it would have been solved by flashing a custom ROM.

I have flash a few custom ROM and non-custom ROMs onto the d2can (i747m) and none of the phones behaved the way yours does.

riche1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
The behaviour exhibited by the phone after the update is not right. If it was a software issue, it would have been solved by flashing a custom ROM.

I have flash a few custom ROM and non-custom ROMs onto the d2can (i747m) and none of the phones behaved the way yours does.
she said it was not a problem until the phone was updated to 4.3 through ATT software update. This was way before I rooted the phone. The same thing started with her sister's phone. So.. I'm stumped as to what the problem could be. I rooted it because I thought CM11 might fix the issue and that was not the case. I don't know how I can go about fixing it. I don't want to take a chance in bricking the phone.