FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Black screen on calls

11th May 2014, 03:50 AM |#11  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,733
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riche1

If I put a clean install of a TW rom it does not work either. I have to change the dialer settings. My girlfriend told me this happened as soon as she installed the 4.3 update way before I rooted the phone.It happened to her sister too. I did not know about the issue until I rooted. . I doubt it's the recovery I'm using. I had problems installing CM with TeamWin Recovery. I had to use Philz. Like I said, I don't mind keeping her on TW roms and she doesn't care either. It would be great to find out what is causing this. It's got to be something with the proximity sensor detection, but the proximity sensor does work otherwise the TW gestures and features would not right ?

Was the clean install done using a stock 4.3 TW ROM? I didn't know there was a problem with the 4.3 update that affected the proximity sensor.
 
 
25th May 2014, 09:07 PM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Was the clean install done using a stock 4.3 TW ROM? I didn't know there was a problem with the 4.3 update that affected the proximity sensor.

Originally stock 4.3 updated through ATT is when she started to experience the problems. She fixed by going to dialer/settings leave screen on during calls. I rooted the phone not knowing this had been an issue before. After making sure the stock 4.3 was rooted I installed cyanogenmod and thus the issue was back. There was no way to fix it another than to install a TW rom and go through the dialer/settings. If that settings is not checked then the phone will go black as soon as a call is made. I can't find away around it. I keep forgetting to come back on check here for replies.. sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the help

Richard
25th May 2014, 09:30 PM |#13  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,733
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riche1

Originally stock 4.3 updated through ATT is when she started to experience the problems. She fixed by going to dialer/settings leave screen on during calls. I rooted the phone not knowing this had been an issue before. After making sure the stock 4.3 was rooted I installed cyanogenmod and thus the issue was back. There was no way to fix it another than to install a TW rom and go through the dialer/settings. If that settings is not checked then the phone will go black as soon as a call is made. I can't find away around it. I keep forgetting to come back on check here for replies.. sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the help

Richard

The behaviour exhibited by the phone after the update is not right. If it was a software issue, it would have been solved by flashing a custom ROM.

I have flash a few custom ROM and non-custom ROMs onto the d2can (i747m) and none of the phones behaved the way yours does.
26th May 2014, 08:03 PM |#14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

The behaviour exhibited by the phone after the update is not right. If it was a software issue, it would have been solved by flashing a custom ROM.

I have flash a few custom ROM and non-custom ROMs onto the d2can (i747m) and none of the phones behaved the way yours does.

she said it was not a problem until the phone was updated to 4.3 through ATT software update. This was way before I rooted the phone. The same thing started with her sister's phone. So.. I'm stumped as to what the problem could be. I rooted it because I thought CM11 might fix the issue and that was not the case. I don't know how I can go about fixing it. I don't want to take a chance in bricking the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank