First day with M8, feel battery is draining fast

Search This thread

iamloco724

Jan 21, 2011
i feel like my battery is draining fast, i havnt done much today on the phone only a little over an hour of screen on time, and not sure if its normal but was at the movies and my phone was pretty warm in my pocket doing nothing

AfadYhsl.png

1Kt9FTMl.png

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
First day? You might try a couple of charges before hiding it. It's not terrible. About 4 hours of screen on in 21 hours is not that bad for first charge.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I notice from the screenshot that your 4G reception is pretty poor (only 1 bar). The radio is by far, the biggest drainer of battery life. So that being considered, your battery life isn't bad.

iamloco724

Jan 21, 2011
I notice from the screenshot that your 4G reception is pretty poor (only 1 bar). The radio is by far, the biggest drainer of battery life. So that being considered, your battery life isn't bad.

but should that matter when im on wifi? and my s5 didnt have that problem with pretty much the same reception

umjammerlammy

May 2, 2014
but should that matter when im on wifi? and my s5 didnt have that problem with pretty much the same reception

It's going to be more efficient on Wifi. Low signal won't do much, but when it has to constantly search it drains fast.

Here's mine, had it since April 1st and the battery has been consistent.

y3abaneq.jpg

Last edited:

iamloco724

Jan 21, 2011
Doesn't my held awake time seem high? It's higher then my screen on time all I did on the phone today was text, go on Facebook on and off and browse the Web a bit

Nov 12, 2013
i feel like my battery is draining fast, i havnt done much today on the phone only a little over an hour of screen on time, and not sure if its normal but was at the movies and my phone was pretty warm in my pocket doing nothing

I have the same problem with my New M8 which I just bought 2 weeks ago.
My situation is the fully charged battery will drain out 20% of power after 6hours sleep. I am pretty sure I turned off all apps before going to bed.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012

I have the same problem with my New M8 which I just bought 2 weeks ago.
My situation is the fully charged battery will drain out 20% of power after 6hours sleep. I am pretty sure I turned off all apps before going to bed.

Battery savings can be had by making sure the display brightness is set to auto. Tbh your battery drain looks normal. There's loads of stuff going on the background when WiFi is on. You can cut some of it down by turning WiFi off when you don't need it and going to your account settings and unchecking some of the sync items you don't need.
I find the battery life suprisingly good considering how long I have the screen on sometimes. I've had full days out of it with constant use . Normal use I'll get 2 days easy.
Also I find this the best battery monitor app. The easy to read timeline graph shows exactly when and where the drain is. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...edium=organic&utm_term=battery+monitor+widget

Last edited:

iamloco724

Jan 21, 2011
Battery savings can be had by making sure the display brightness is set to auto. Tbh your battery drain looks normal. There's loads of stuff going on the background when WiFi is on. You can cut some of it down by turning WiFi off when you don't need it and going to your account settings and unchecking some of the sync items you don't need.
I find the battery life suprisingly good considering how long I have the screen on sometimes. I've had full days out of it with constant use . Normal use I'll get 2 days easy.

I keep brightness almost all the way down due to sensitive eyes, and I have nothing syncing

digitaldazz

Jul 4, 2008
Convert to GPE and install a custom kernel and you will get much better battery.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: