XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZV8 -> ZVA?

Tip us?

symphonic-volenska
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default ZV8 -> ZVA?

So I've been reading about how more kernels are supporting ZVA/ZVC radios and I've been using AOSP ROMs so I've been patiently waiting to update from ZV8.

Going back to this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2627765
, myself, among others, have used the radio for ZVA in that thread to try to work with an AOSP ROM with a kernel that supports it. However, from first hand experience and from reading what others are saying, it results in a constant fastboot.

This brings me to my question; is the only way to update from ZV8 to ZVA by .tot to stock? Or to flash that radio, can you also do it with a completely stock ROM?

I've searched and read several threads and it all seems very unclear. With the amount of people who did the same thing I did, I think this is necessary to be clearer.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

fde2blk22
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I've flashed back and forth from ZVC to ZV8 by using recovery flashable zips without any issues if that's what you're asking. My apologies if I misunderstood

Science be praised.

Galaxy Note 2

RIP Galaxy Nexus
RIP EVO 3D
RIP Nexus One
RIP MT3G
RIP G1
RIP AT&T Tilt
RIP T-Mobile MDA

@fde2blk3D

symphonic-volenska
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fde2blk22 View Post
I've flashed back and forth from ZVC to ZV8 by using recovery flashable zips without any issues if that's what you're asking. My apologies if I misunderstood

With a stock ROM (bloated or debloated) or AOSP?