Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 51,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this a Clone?

Tip us?

pitbullmommy45245
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Is this a Clone?

ok so i am bout to trade my s3 for a note 2 tomrrow. I just am worried that the person that's meeting me has a clone. They said that there's no carrier on the back that its factory unlocked. She sent me a screen shot of the device model number and the device imei. i checked the imei and it came up note 2. i attached the screen shots she sent me. of course i won't know for sure till we meet but any help would be appeciated. I got burned on a note 3 and ended up getting a clone so that's y i'm so couscous. also i noticed in one of the screen shots theres the knox symbol does that come on clones and its running android 4.3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phone 1.png
Views:	89
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2763275   Click image for larger version

Name:	phone.png
Views:	72
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2763276   Click image for larger version

Name:	pohne 2.png
Views:	72
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	2763277  

Jakeuten
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmommy45245 View Post
ok so i am bout to trade my s3 for a note 2 tomrrow. I just am worried that the person that's meeting me has a clone. They said that there's no carrier on the back that its factory unlocked. She sent me a screen shot of the device model number and the device imei. i checked the imei and it came up note 2. i attached the screen shots she sent me. of course i won't know for sure till we meet but any help would be appeciated. I got burned on a note 3 and ended up getting a clone so that's y i'm so couscous. also i noticed in one of the screen shots theres the knox symbol does that come on clones and its running android 4.3
the Knox symbol comes on all 4.3+ Samsung phones, and it looks real to me.

sent from a stock AT&T Galaxy S III LTE
MODEL:Galaxy S III
VERSION: SGH-I747
RECOVERY:Stock
ANDROID:4.4.2
ROM/BUILD:I747UCUFNE4 (Rooted)
KERNEL:KERNEL: KToonzsez

punnary
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Looks okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmommy45245 View Post
In my opinion, this looks like the real deal. You should censor the imei though.

pitbullmommy45245
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by punnary View Post
In my opinion, this looks like the real deal. You should censor the imei though.

i went ahead and traded and its real!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. I trade phones a lot lol. thanks for the replys though.