Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Internal storage symlink loop?

Tip us?

samuelrhaynes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Internal storage symlink loop?

I attempted to install CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One a few days ago but failed to get it working properly. No matter, I restored a nandroid backup of ARHD 71.1 and everything is working as normal again, however I notice some thing odd when accessing the internal storage by pc.

It appears to split the allocation of folders, some appearing in "Computer\HTC One\Internal storage" and others in "Computer\HTC One\Internal storage\storage\emulated\0" and I have no idea why! They all show up in the same location when viewing in the phone, so must be some error with the symlinks or something

I'd rather not lose all the apps and data, so if I need to wipe/format, would I be able to titanium back up everything?

I attached screenshots to help explanation

Thanks in advanced
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	2765002   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	2765003   Click image for larger version

Name:	k.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	2765004  

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 884

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelrhaynes View Post
I attempted to install CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One a few days ago but failed to get it working properly. No matter, I restored a nandroid backup of ARHD 71.1 and everything is working as normal again, however I notice some thing odd when accessing the internal storage by pc.

It appears to split the allocation of folders, some appearing in "Computer\HTC One\Internal storage" and others in "Computer\HTC One\Internal storage\storage\emulated\0" and I have no idea why! They all show up in the same location when viewing in the phone, so must be some error with the symlinks or something

I'd rather not lose all the apps and data, so if I need to wipe/format, would I be able to titanium back up everything?

I attached screenshots to help explanation

Thanks in advanced
it's because CM 10 is too old it uses the old folder structure from android 4.1.2
just delete the storage folder and it should be fine .. I'm pretty sure CM 10 created it
HTC One 32 GB AT&T