Ask a question

No registration required

Internal storage symlink loop?

OP samuelrhaynes

27th May 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I attempted to install CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One a few days ago but failed to get it working properly. No matter, I restored a nandroid backup of ARHD 71.1 and everything is working as normal again, however I notice some thing odd when accessing the internal storage by pc.

It appears to split the allocation of folders, some appearing in "Computer\HTC One\Internal storage" and others in "Computer\HTC One\Internal storage\storage\emulated\0" and I have no idea why! They all show up in the same location when viewing in the phone, so must be some error with the symlinks or something

I'd rather not lose all the apps and data, so if I need to wipe/format, would I be able to titanium back up everything?

I attached screenshots to help explanation

Thanks in advanced
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	2765002   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	2765003   Click image for larger version

Name:	k.jpg
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	2765004  
27th May 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,291

4,736 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelrhaynes

I attempted to install CyanogenMod 10 for HTC One a few days ago but failed to get it working properly. No matter, I restored a nandroid backup of ARHD 71.1 and everything is working as normal again, however I notice some thing odd when accessing the internal storage by pc.

It appears to split the allocation of folders, some appearing in "Computer\HTC One\Internal storage" and others in "Computer\HTC One\Internal storage\storage\emulated\0" and I have no idea why! They all show up in the same location when viewing in the phone, so must be some error with the symlinks or something

I'd rather not lose all the apps and data, so if I need to wipe/format, would I be able to titanium back up everything?

I attached screenshots to help explanation

Thanks in advanced

it's because CM 10 is too old it uses the old folder structure from android 4.1.2
just delete the storage folder and it should be fine .. I'm pretty sure CM 10 created it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread