Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Techinstein: Most customizable Evita kitkat rom! + OmniSwitch && a lot moar!

[Q&A][Evita] AICP

Tip us?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyb0b View Post
Yep. booted up with no problems. Thanks for your help I'm pretty sure I changed the device model and manufacturer in the build.prop.
No problems. I regularly change the model from One X to One XL in the build.prop (I'm anal about it displaying the actual model rather than the incorrect North American carrier branding).

Just be careful about doing that though, if you change it too wildly it can have disastrous consequences. If you use something like ROM Manager to flash your recovery, that app grabs the device info from the build.prop so if you have it set to another device and use ROM Manager to flash a recovery it'll flash the wrong recovery and brick your phone. This has happened to a few users that I know of.

The above mentioned problem is part of the reason why I'm pretty strongly against using any automated app/toolbox to flash a recovery/boot.img/ROM etc. It removes the element of control that a user should have when performing such an action, and that in turn removes any precautionary discretion that the user would normally exercise.

Anyway, I'm glad you're all set now, glad that I could help.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | CandyKat | Torched KK
S-off | 2.18 | TWRP 2.7.1.0
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tinyb0b
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hey me again...
Where can I enable the onscreen navigation. I've found where i can customize it, but not enable it.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5287

DONATE TO ME
I don't believe it's working in this build.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | CandyKat | Torched KK
S-off | 2.18 | TWRP 2.7.1.0
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!