Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Security Policy in settings is stuck at High

Tip us?

Sterist
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default [Q] Security Policy in settings is stuck at High

when I change it to Normal, then leave the screen and return to it, it's back at High again. I tried restarting then changing, changing then restarting, installing knox then changing, uninstalling knox then changing.. I don't know what else there is to do.

anyone know how to fix this? it was at Normal when I bought it but once it was changed to High it won't go back. before changing it to High I did run a security policy update.

I think it's blocking me from installing manually downloaded apps (something is...) despite Unknown Sources being checked
Error 4.0.4 Android Not Found!

Please check your internet connection and don't spam the forums trying to figure this one out.

Sterist
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
bump....
Error 4.0.4 Android Not Found!

Please check your internet connection and don't spam the forums trying to figure this one out.

Sword0fTheSpirit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterist View Post
when I change it to Normal, then leave the screen and return to it, it's back at High again. I tried restarting then changing, changing then restarting, installing knox then changing, uninstalling knox then changing.. I don't know what else there is to do.

anyone know how to fix this? it was at Normal when I bought it but once it was changed to High it won't go back. before changing it to High I did run a security policy update.

I think it's blocking me from installing manually downloaded apps (something is...) despite Unknown Sources being checked

Hey, I'm having this same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

My phone did a software update and then some security policy update appeared and I accepted. Now I can't get my old versions of Google Maps and Google Music to install from the APK's. I also cannot change the 'Security Level' back to normal, it resets to high every time.

Very frustrating. Can someone offer a solution?