FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] Update to Kit Kat Note 3

Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Rumsfeld, Junior Member on 23rd May 2014, 02:52 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I have a Samsung Note 3 (SM-N9005) and when I bought it has Jelly Bean 4.3, now I want to update it to Kit Kat 4.4 but when a I search updates says already have the newest version, I think is because I bought it in a phone company of my country (Costa Rica) because others phones that have the same model of mine already receive Kit Kat but that are from the factory. That could be a reason why I didn't receive 4.4? If I unlock my phone I'll receive the update? Please help me.

Sorry for the bad english, I don't speak english good, like you can see xD
 
 
23rd May 2014, 06:01 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
pleeeaseeee
PLEASEEEEEEE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!
x102x96x
24th May 2014, 01:32 AM |#3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld

Hi, I have a Samsung Note 3 (SM-N9005) and when I bought it has Jelly Bean 4.3, now I want to update it to Kit Kat 4.4 but when a I search updates says already have the newest version, I think is because I bought it in a phone company of my country (Costa Rica) because others phones that have the same model of mine already receive Kit Kat but that are from the factory. That could be a reason why I didn't receive 4.4? If I unlock my phone I'll receive the update? Please help me.

Sorry for the bad english, I don't speak english good, like you can see xD

First Don't Unlock bootloader if like official updates.

then what u mean by buying it from company !!!
It s Galaxy Note 3 N9005 normal version
i mean it s not something like dev edition or commercial
SO it will get update
u should check sammobile.com/firmware & live.samsung-updates.com
then see build number on about phone option and searc for ur model if update is available or not...

after All
u can simply download Stock Firmware of N9005 and flash it using Odin.
that u should search for its tutorial

24th May 2014, 01:46 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

First Don't Unlock bootloader if like official updates.

then what u mean by buying it from company !!!
It s Galaxy Note 3 N9005 normal version
i mean it s not something like dev edition or commercial
SO it will get update
u should check sammobile.com/firmware & live.samsung-updates.com
then see build number on about phone option and searc for ur model if update is available or not...

after All
u can simply download Stock Firmware of N9005 and flash it using Odin.
that u should search for its tutorial

Already go to Sammobile and SamsungUpdates and search my model and build number and the last update is Jelly Bea 4.3. So I have to wait until be available? Thank you
x102x96x
24th May 2014, 01:51 AM |#5  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld

Already go to Sammobile and SamsungUpdates and search my model and build number and the last update is Jelly Bea 4.3. So I have to wait until be available? Thank you


yep u need to wait

don't type thanks hit it
27th May 2014, 04:01 AM |#6  
vndnguyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 1,263
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld

Already go to Sammobile and SamsungUpdates and search my model and build number and the last update is Jelly Bea 4.3. So I have to wait until be available? Thank you

What is your phone's CSC? I think there should be KitKat update for all CSC now.

Anyway you can check for the latest firmware for your device by installing Phone INFO ★Samsung★ --> open Menu --> Firmware Browser...

You can download the latest firmware and flash it via Odin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank