Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stream Movies Between 2 Nexus 7's

OP tennvol12345

26th May 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
I'm taking a road trip with 2 kids and want to use their Nexus 7's to share the screen between the 2 devices watching the same movie on each device. Here's the equipment I have available:

Seagate Wireless HD
Lenovo PC
1 Nexus 7 (2012)
1 Nexus 7 (2013)
VZW Jetpack w/ unlimited data
iPad4

What I was thinking is to go from the HD->PC->USB->OTG->Nexus. Does anyone know if I can stream video and audio from a PC via USB/OTG to 2 Nexus 7's at the same time via a USB Y cable from the PC? And if so what app should I use?

I would just attach them all to my VZW hotspot with something like Splahtop but I don't know if I'll have internet the entire way.

Sorry if this is confusing, it all makes sense to me...
Last edited by tennvol12345; 26th May 2014 at 07:52 AM.
26th May 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 99

325 posts
Use allcast along with allcast receiver and then use MX player on the device that's sending the file. Not the most elegant solution but it should work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

And if you want to have the file on a PC instead of on one of the nexus 7's create a DLNA server on your PC using Divx then stream it to the 7's using the imediashare app.

26th May 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
What if I'm in an area with no service,, or very slow speeds? We are driving from Denver through to UT and AZ and I doubt I'll have cellular coverage the entire way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBANDIT420

Use allcast along with allcast receiver and then use MX player on the device that's sending the file. Not the most elegant solution but it should work.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

And if you want to have the file on a PC instead of on one of the nexus 7's create a DLNA server on your PC using Divx then stream it to the 7's using the imediashare app.

26th May 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #4  

325 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennvol12345

What if I'm in an area with no service,, or very slow speeds? We are driving from Denver through to UT and AZ and I doubt I'll have cellular coverage the entire way.

You wont 't need internet access if you set up this before hand, all you'll need is a WiFi hotspot for all the devices to be connected too. As its streaming it locally and not through the internet.

26th May 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 913

6,862 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yea but they'd need headphones. Because I doubt you can start them at the same time.

sent from my Verizon G2
26th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
So the WiFi hotspot from the Seagate HD will be enough to allow me to stream to 2 tablets?

I know there are lots of products out there but I'm having trouble with the mirroring aspect to 2 tablets. I really do need them to be in sync with one another.
27th May 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #7  

325 posts
I don't how how you're gonna get them to be in sync, don't even know if its possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread