Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stream Movies Between 2 Nexus 7's

Tip us?

tennvol12345
Old
(Last edited by tennvol12345; 26th May 2014 at 06:52 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stream Movies Between 2 Nexus 7's

I'm taking a road trip with 2 kids and want to use their Nexus 7's to share the screen between the 2 devices watching the same movie on each device. Here's the equipment I have available:

Seagate Wireless HD
Lenovo PC
1 Nexus 7 (2012)
1 Nexus 7 (2013)
VZW Jetpack w/ unlimited data
iPad4

What I was thinking is to go from the HD->PC->USB->OTG->Nexus. Does anyone know if I can stream video and audio from a PC via USB/OTG to 2 Nexus 7's at the same time via a USB Y cable from the PC? And if so what app should I use?

I would just attach them all to my VZW hotspot with something like Splahtop but I don't know if I'll have internet the entire way.

Sorry if this is confusing, it all makes sense to me...

THEBANDIT420
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Use allcast along with allcast receiver and then use MX player on the device that's sending the file. Not the most elegant solution but it should work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

And if you want to have the file on a PC instead of on one of the nexus 7's create a DLNA server on your PC using Divx then stream it to the 7's using the imediashare app.

tennvol12345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What if I'm in an area with no service,, or very slow speeds? We are driving from Denver through to UT and AZ and I doubt I'll have cellular coverage the entire way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBANDIT420 View Post
Use allcast along with allcast receiver and then use MX player on the device that's sending the file. Not the most elegant solution but it should work.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

And if you want to have the file on a PC instead of on one of the nexus 7's create a DLNA server on your PC using Divx then stream it to the 7's using the imediashare app.

THEBANDIT420
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennvol12345 View Post
What if I'm in an area with no service,, or very slow speeds? We are driving from Denver through to UT and AZ and I doubt I'll have cellular coverage the entire way.
You wont 't need internet access if you set up this before hand, all you'll need is a WiFi hotspot for all the devices to be connected too. As its streaming it locally and not through the internet.

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
Yea but they'd need headphones. Because I doubt you can start them at the same time.

sent from my Verizon G2
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

tennvol12345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So the WiFi hotspot from the Seagate HD will be enough to allow me to stream to 2 tablets?

I know there are lots of products out there but I'm having trouble with the mirroring aspect to 2 tablets. I really do need them to be in sync with one another.

THEBANDIT420
Old
Thanks Meter 97
I don't how how you're gonna get them to be in sync, don't even know if its possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app