Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 49,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help?]Verizon S5 - Can't Receive or Make calls.

Tip us?

raziel36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Help?]Verizon S5 - Can't Receive or Make calls.

I'm having a constant problem with my phone. It seems like any time I leave the house and return, I'm unable to make or receive calls, until I reboot or switch airplane mode on/off. I still receive and send text/mms just fine, it's only calls. Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas what may be going on? I have a constant 3-4 bar LTE signal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

IV97
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same problem :(

I am also experiencing this problem. I can send texts and otherwise use data to connect to websites and such, but cannot make or receive calls. When someone calls me, it goes straight to voicemail. When I make a call it does not even start ringing, or beep at the start of a call to indicate the connection.

Travisholt92
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had this issue when i first got my phone. i had to call verizon and they updated something on their side and reset a few things.

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92 View Post
I had this issue when i first got my phone. i had to call verizon and they updated something on their side and reset a few things.
Part of me thinks this wouldn't be a bad thing to have, just in case that pesky Ex decides today is the day she wants to call you. lolz

If I helped you, hit thanks if you like.

-Kevin

IV97
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Nothing Worked

If anyone else is facing this problem, I would like to say that all Verizon could do was send me a refurbished phone. Even after a factory reset and resetting the network (on their end) worked. I hope this problem doesn't affect too many people.