Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to create shortcuts to any Android app?

OP sam.z

26th May 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Hello,
1. Can we launch Android apps with a command line like in the MsDOS terminal Windows: "notepad.exe" ?
1.a If yes, can we use parameters like: "notepad.exe memo.txt" ?
2. What is the language to use in a terminal emulator Android apps, is it Linux?

My goal is to create shortcuts (icon on a screen) launching a direct-call for apps like: Viber, MobileVOIP.
An icon shortcut like: "viber.apk -call +41791234567" to call this number with Viber.
How to do this? Is there an app that can create those kind of shortcut?

3. Is .APK the extention of executable file in Android SmartPhone?
3.a Can we launch a standalone executable app on Android , without installing it?

Thanks in advance and regards.
27th May 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.z

Hello,
1. Can we launch Android apps with a command line like in the MsDOS terminal Windows: "notepad.exe" ?
1.a If yes, can we use parameters like: "notepad.exe memo.txt" ?
2. What is the language to use in a terminal emulator Android apps, is it Linux?

My goal is to create shortcuts (icon on a screen) launching a direct-call for apps like: Viber, MobileVOIP.
An icon shortcut like: "viber.apk -call +41791234567" to call this number with Viber.
How to do this? Is there an app that can create those kind of shortcut?

3. Is .APK the extention of executable file in Android SmartPhone?
3.a Can we launch a standalone executable app on Android , without installing it?

Thanks in advance and regards.

Android is a Linux operating system. If you are unaware of this search through Google. There are lot of things you need to know before coming into your other questions. Also emulator in android is just the same as Linux command prompt and uses Shell Scripting. You can have scripts that can be run through Script manager apps. I am not that familiar with scripting. Search through Google or forum. you will find your answer.

Also if you find any solution to your problem. Please share.. Myself and others can make use of that. All the best.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk, shortcut
Previous Thread Next Thread