Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 45,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to create shortcuts to any Android app?

Tip us?

sam.z
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] How to create shortcuts to any Android app?

Hello,
1. Can we launch Android apps with a command line like in the MsDOS terminal Windows: "notepad.exe" ?
1.a If yes, can we use parameters like: "notepad.exe memo.txt" ?
2. What is the language to use in a terminal emulator Android apps, is it Linux?

My goal is to create shortcuts (icon on a screen) launching a direct-call for apps like: Viber, MobileVOIP.
An icon shortcut like: "viber.apk -call +41791234567" to call this number with Viber.
How to do this? Is there an app that can create those kind of shortcut?

3. Is .APK the extention of executable file in Android SmartPhone?
3.a Can we launch a standalone executable app on Android , without installing it?

Thanks in advance and regards.

appviz
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.z View Post
Hello,
1. Can we launch Android apps with a command line like in the MsDOS terminal Windows: "notepad.exe" ?
1.a If yes, can we use parameters like: "notepad.exe memo.txt" ?
2. What is the language to use in a terminal emulator Android apps, is it Linux?

My goal is to create shortcuts (icon on a screen) launching a direct-call for apps like: Viber, MobileVOIP.
An icon shortcut like: "viber.apk -call +41791234567" to call this number with Viber.
How to do this? Is there an app that can create those kind of shortcut?

3. Is .APK the extention of executable file in Android SmartPhone?
3.a Can we launch a standalone executable app on Android , without installing it?

Thanks in advance and regards.
Android is a Linux operating system. If you are unaware of this search through Google. There are lot of things you need to know before coming into your other questions. Also emulator in android is just the same as Linux command prompt and uses Shell Scripting. You can have scripts that can be run through Script manager apps. I am not that familiar with scripting. Search through Google or forum. you will find your answer.

Also if you find any solution to your problem. Please share.. Myself and others can make use of that. All the best.
Don't forget to hit Thanks Button if someone helps you...

http://appsatmiro.blogspot.com/
Tags
apk, shortcut