Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible to lock and Unlocked BL?

Tip us?

MxPhenom 216
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Possible to lock and Unlocked BL?

Is it possible to re-lock and unlocked bootloader?

I know updating should get rid of an unlocked bootloader, but I still get the warning screen on bootup.

Reason I ask is because I had it unlocked, got an OTA update from Verizon for kitkat, and soft bricked my phone. Got stuck in a boot loop with the unlocked bootloader warning message.

I just flashed back to 4.0.4 using RDS Lite 6.1.4. Id like to reset the boot loader to locked before updating to kitkat again.

RikRong
Old
(Last edited by RikRong; 25th May 2014 at 07:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 413
It's not possible to re-lock. I've updated to KK and can confirm that the BL is, in fact, still unlocked.

DiamondJohn
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I have read somewhere that when you unlock the bootloader, it actually physically blows some kind of physical fuse. or maybe I miusread it.

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Someone had made a special logo.img you can flash to get rid of that message.
Although if you really want a locked BL phone, I'd be more than happy to trade you.
The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DiamondJohn
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhenom 216 View Post
I know updating should get rid of an unlocked bootloader, but I still get the warning screen on bootup.
Not that it helps, but in Australia, we do not get the nasty warning message after unlocking the bootloader. And I think that the phones are actually sold with an unlocked bootloader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
Although if you really want a locked BL phone, I'd be more than happy to trade you.