Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in bootloader

Tip us?

JustLikeThat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck in bootloader

I've been trying to flash an AT&T HTC One M8 with the GPe ROM found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2706441

I've used this guide and everything went fine: http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...ne-m8-0154444/

I was in the TWRP Recovery and wanted to format the internal sd card for a fresh start, so I formatted. Afterwards I was unable to get back into the recovery, for some reason I can't erase or format recovery using fastboot, erasing the cache and flashing the recovery image again only brings me to a flickering TeamWin screen, then tries to normally boot but nothing is there for it to boot into so it just sits in a boot loop.

I've tried Philz recovery as well. That works for a little bit but after 10-15 seconds the phone tries to boot normally again and I get stuck in the boot loop.

I tried running `fastboot oem rebootRUU`, that brought me to a black HTC screen and gave me the ability to use fastboot. In RUU mode, I erased the cache again and reflashed the recovery, then erased the cache again and rebooted to fastboot. Tried to boot into Recovery and was greeted with the flickering TeamWin logo and a boot loop.

Can anyone give me a hand here?

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 935
If fastboot erase cache doesn't allow you to get into recovery, I can only suggest you're flashing the wrong or a corrupted recovery. Re-download the correct one and flash it.

JustLikeThat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope View Post
If fastboot erase cache doesn't allow you to get into recovery, I can only suggest you're flashing the wrong or a corrupted recovery. Re-download the correct one and flash it.
I've redownloaded it about 4 times now

Android The Greek
Old
Thanks Meter 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLikeThat View Post
I've redownloaded it about 4 times now
You need to push a backup sense Rom or gpe to your phone the restore the backup.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app