Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 55,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help Debrand S4 mini GT - i9195 with out rooting or custom Rom?

Tip us?

fburgos
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Was super su installed?

I had problems acquiring root access, had a knox notification, just long pressed the notification an force close, then force closed all knox apps and open supersu disabled knox then freez all knox in titanium backup

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fburgos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ianson82
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fburgos View Post
Was super su installed?

I had problems acquiring root access, had a knox notification, just long pressed the notification an force close, then force closed all knox apps and open supersu disabled knox then freez all knox in titanium backup

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
Hi Fburgos,

No nothing installed, when I ran the .bat file, it stoped installing as my kernal has been patched so the saferoot wont work on my phone with the buildnumber I have, it looks like I am just going to have to root it and not worry about the Knox problem.

fburgos
Old
Thanks Meter 131
That is bad news, i think you wait until warranty expire, soon the update to kitkat its suposed to come to your device, just wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to fburgos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ianson82
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fburgos View Post
That is bad news, i think you wait until warranty expire, soon the update to kitkat its suposed to come to your device, just wait.
Hi fburgos,

Yeah looks like waiting for EE to update to KitKat is the safest way to go, and who knows in 2 years when my contract ends there maybe a saferoot for the S5 mini (when it comes out lol)

thanks again for all the help and advice you have given me, I really do appreciate all of it.