Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! bypass lock screen info??

Tip us?

Kevind_444
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HELP! bypass lock screen info??

My friend gave me a Note 3 of his for free before he left to thailand (he was helping me out because mine took a drink). So I was sooooooooooo excited to get off this lame nexus s. Problem is he has a passcode unlock and he didn't tell me it. He will be gone for 6 months and I don't know when or if I will be in contact with him (he's there for work). So my question is :

How do you take the passcode off the phone so I can use it for myself? I tried flashing the stock Samsung firmware from sammobile, and it worked like a dream, but it STILL has the passcode. This is such a headache I was really excited to have a good phone once again

if anyone could help me out this would be GREATLY appreciated, it's stressing me the hell out!!!

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 705

DONATE TO ME
I dont know how to bypass the lock screen, and it may be illegal

But FYI, the Note 3 has 26 partitions, but when you flash the stock firmware, only 12 partitions have been flash. So the rest of partitions may store the passcode...

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2,390

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: lockscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevind_444 View Post
My friend gave me a Note 3 of his for free before he left to thailand (he was helping me out because mine took a drink). So I was sooooooooooo excited to get off this lame nexus s. Problem is he has a passcode unlock and he didn't tell me it. He will be gone for 6 months and I don't know when or if I will be in contact with him (he's there for work). So my question is :

How do you take the passcode off the phone so I can use it for myself? I tried flashing the stock Samsung firmware from sammobile, and it worked like a dream, but it STILL has the passcode. This is such a headache I was really excited to have a good phone once again

if anyone could help me out this would be GREATLY appreciated, it's stressing me the hell out!!!
Put the phone into stock or custom recovery, whichever you have and then
do a "Factory Data Reset" and reboot the phone.

Once that's done you will no longer have problems with lock screen.
But you will need to add your own gmail account and so on.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

hhai2pth
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevind_444 View Post

You try factory reset. I have the same problem and it solve for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Making Money Online Site:http://www.probux.com/?r=hhai2pth