OP aarongillion63

21st May 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grand Rapids MI
Thanks Meter: 110

231 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've searched for hours the best smartwatch for this. Here are my needs: not bluetooth-dependent, aka watch-phone (all I need is wifi really) but I still do plan on pairing it to my device... I also want to create my own apps easily, much like that with Tasker scenes. I am a coder as well but never coded android apps, only pc. It looks like a nightmare. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am interested in Sony SW2 sdk, but that looks taunting. I would like Sony but I would also like to use wifi. Is that possible with some modding? I want an independent smartwatch that can also pair with my phone. I also want app creation for various things. Waiting is a last resort. Thanks.
21st May 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 114

393 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongillion63

I've searched for hours the best smartwatch for this. Here are my needs: not bluetooth-dependent, aka watch-phone (all I need is wifi really) but I still do plan on pairing it to my device... I also want to create my own apps easily, much like that with Tasker scenes. I am a coder as well but never coded android apps, only pc. It looks like a nightmare. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am interested in Sony SW2 sdk, but that looks taunting. I would like Sony but I would also like to use wifi. Is that possible with some modding? I want an independent smartwatch that can also pair with my phone. I also want app creation for various things. Waiting is a last resort. Thanks.

Take a look at SmartQ's Z-watch. Had the sw2...preferred Z as daily driver.

I now have the TS due to 2nd line necessity....be honest, I miss the Z.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mghtymse007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I think the best one for developing apps on it will be the AI Watch, best specs putting all the other smartwatches in shame.
27th May 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grand Rapids MI
Thanks Meter: 110

231 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekwatch

I think the best one for developing apps on it will be the AI Watch, best specs putting all the other smartwatches in shame.

Is this the new preorder one? I just looked at their website, it looks pretty future-tech. I can't find any "good" info on their current one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghtymse007

Take a look at SmartQ's Z-watch. Had the sw2...preferred Z as daily driver.

I now have the TS due to 2nd line necessity....be honest, I miss the Z.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, this watch looks like a great deal. The deal-breaker for me is being water-proof and having the headphone jack.

@mghtymse007 Can I ask you: have you tried Tasker on your Z watch? Does scene creation work? Does Tasker Gingerbread work better? (Tasker Gingerbread also works on 4.x) If you could try it out that'd be nice. Thanks,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
27th May 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Did you see the video ?
The spec are the best I ever seen on a smartwatch....
I already pre order
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Other SmartWatches by ThreadRank