Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 47,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Fireball ... unreleased, initial JB update was numbered 3.02.605.1 ;)

Tip us?

kimba99
Old
(Last edited by kimba99; 19th May 2014 at 03:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Default HTC Fireball ... unreleased, initial JB update was numbered 3.02.605.1 ;)

just on a note for those who are interested:

HTC apparently got their WiFi certified for a upcoming firmware upgrade (apparently to JB according to their naming scheme) on December 3rd 2012 already!!

=> http://certifications.prod.wi-fi.org...d?cid=WFA17286 ... check here for the actual certificate
=> http://certifications.prod.wi-fi.org...d?cid=WFA17287 ... for the certificate for a mobile access-point on fireball

requested and tested firmware version is stated as firmware 3.02.605.1! ... and the Dec 3rd 2012 timeframe well matches the intented and proposed JB4.1.x update for our fireball.

in comparison, the original certificate for the initial release of fireball was done on mid February 2012 already (certificate numbers: WFA13957 & WFA14139). so it's maybe not that much HTC to blame that the intended JB-update for our fireball wasn't published, but really Verizon in the end! ((but okay, HTC also didn't publish the updated kernel-src for our la(te)st OTA 2.19.605.2 either))

NB1: this is just some add-on info! i obviously have NO access to that rom or any further details on this build that is named on wi-fi.org !!

NB2: oh and YES i DO know that there IS a published rom by HTC labeled 3.02.605.1, just that this was for Vivow (Droid2) on Verizon more than a year earlier ... but the certificate states that the test had been passed for PJ53xxx, which indeed IS our Fireball and NOT Vivow
HTC Dinc4G LTE 1 (S-OFF) ... @ ChaOri-K99 4.00 w/ Fireball3410-K99 kernel JB43/Sense5.5 !! & JTAG'ed
HTC Dinc4G LTE 2 (S-OFF'ed _after_ the 2014-OTA!!!) ... @ Viper w/ InfernalK99-147u12 TWRP2.6.3.0n & PSM ...
The Following User Says Thank You to kimba99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

junkmail9
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Well... Whadda ya know. Wouldn't that be a nice leak for us?

I continue to wonder why this phone was (and still is) the shunned bastage phone of Verizon. I also wonder why the camera was seriously downgraded from the OG Dinc (and Dinc2). I'm still quite content with my little Fireball, though.

kimba99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkmail9 View Post
I also wonder why the camera was __seriously__ downgraded from the OG Dinc (and Dinc2).
what do you mean? (i dun have a Dinc2 to compare against, but) ... both are 8MP and the "current" Dinc4G even offers 1080p video whereas the Dinc2 only had 720p? the only diff i can spot as such as the "downgrade" of only using a single- instead of a double-flash?
HTC Dinc4G LTE 1 (S-OFF) ... @ ChaOri-K99 4.00 w/ Fireball3410-K99 kernel JB43/Sense5.5 !! & JTAG'ed
HTC Dinc4G LTE 2 (S-OFF'ed _after_ the 2014-OTA!!!) ... @ Viper w/ InfernalK99-147u12 TWRP2.6.3.0n & PSM ...

therreid
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Very interesting. Verizon is just gaming us and trying to get us to buy more phones and commit to another 2 years of contract. I still have my unlimited data and will continue to run my rooted phones with custom ROMs. This device running CM 10.2.1 is really a great device. I also have a Droid DNA on Kit Kat, but many times will switch back to my DINC 4g LTE when I want a more compact device or run with an extended battery. My entire family is on the DINC 4G LTE running CM 10.2 and they too are happy. I do need to try the script by Jose to get apps on the SD card and see if it will work with CM 10.2, but no time to try that yet.

junkmail9
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba99 View Post
what do you mean? (i dun have a Dinc2 to compare against, but) ... both are 8MP and the "current" Dinc4G even offers 1080p video whereas the Dinc2 only had 720p? the only diff i can spot as such as the "downgrade" of only using a single- instead of a double-flash?
It has to do with the image quality. I suppose I could be wrong, but my OG Dinc produced much better (still) pictures than my Dinc4G does. The Dinc4G is missing an ImageChip which would have allowed it to produce better pictures. It could have been included, but was not to keep manufacturing costs down.

kimba99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It has to do with the image quality. I suppose I could be wrong, but my OG Dinc produced much better (still) pictures than my Dinc4G does. The Dinc4G is missing an ImageChip which would have allowed it to produce better pictures. It could have been included, but was not to keep manufacturing costs down.
if it's about the ImageSense chip ... that was _new_ to the (older) One Series (like OneX, OneX+, OneS etc) ... so i highly doubt that your OG Dinc would have had anything like it ... as for image quality, my GF is still always amazed by the still image quality of my Dinc4G ... while she has a HTC SensationXE (one gen and year earlier/older than the Dinc4G) ... nothing to complain about it on my side

but plz: now btt ... thanks

junkmail9
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
if it's about the ImageSense chip ... that was _new_ to the (older) One Series (like OneX, OneX+, OneS etc) ... so i highly doubt that your OG Dinc would have had anything like it ... as for image quality, my GF is still always amazed by the still image quality of my Dinc4G ... while she has a HTC SensationXE (one gen and year earlier/older than the Dinc4G) ... nothing to complain about it on my side
Yes, I know its new, but I'm still sure the OG gave a better picture somehow

Quote:
but plz: now btt ... thanks
Agreed. soo... how do we get our grubby paws on 3.02.605.1 for our little Dinc4G? Regardless of how I feel about the pictures (maybe I got a bum phone for camera parts), I love the phone overall. Fast and small. There is nothing out there right now compelling to me to change phones.

kimba99
Old
(Last edited by kimba99; 21st May 2014 at 10:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Agreed. soo... how do we get our grubby paws on 3.02.605.1 for our little Dinc4G? Regardless of how I feel about the pictures (maybe I got a bum phone for camera parts), I love the phone overall. Fast and small. There is nothing out there right now compelling to me to change phones.
the _latest/last known_ build for fireball was supposedly numbered: "3.16.605.1" ... but i have no idea whether this is still JB4.1 Sense4+ or if that was the intended release numbering for JB4.2 Sense5 already?!

best bet?! ... let's try to circumvent Verizon (as they didn't show any real volunteerism to support the fireball any further / well, AT ALL with further even PROMISED updates) ........ directly address HTC with a "smaller" petition to RELEASE (at least), their latest/last "RC-whatever" JB build _they_ (at HTC) prepared for Verizon to test ... as:

* HTC _had_ done all the needed work for fireball already!

* HTC software programmers had been paid for their work (just no one is currently _allowed_ to use it?! nor is it anywhere even remotely available (for devs))

* HTC has thereby finished to create a working JB-kernel (one for JB4.1 & one for JB4.2) ... _and_ a new Sense-ROM each for those as well ........ from what IS KNOWN to the community _already_

* HTC __should__ make those (assumingly RC-grade) update-roms AVAILABLE to the community ... as it doesn't cost them any further programming ppl to pay, but raises THEIR credibility a LOT and maybe even helps to convince ppl to put their money into HTC again (for any possible newer devices)

* HTC wouldn't loose out (on Verizon) ... as THEY (Verizon!) apparently have NO PLAN AT ALL to release the long promised JB upgrade ANYHOW ... even IF they (Verizon again!) already did internal tests for BOTH ... JB4.1 & JB4.2 on fireball !!!

* __if__ ... HTC would only release it as a "TEST -rom / -kernel / -src" ... they wouldn't even loose if it does NOT work 100% bugfree, as it's not an "officially recommended upgrade path" .... but rather a TEST-build for __developers__ and for the community!

but for such kind of a stunt *cough* ... we would need "a bit more" ... than just 10 very interested & brave remaining souls for fireball here on XDA ... to make that kinda thing happen

litetaker
Old
Thanks Meter 584
TOO LATE! I am on KitKat here bros! :P

And also once my bro is done with his contracts, I am a free bird! I can finally move over to GSM networks and get the Nexus or Google Play Edition phones. Verizon has screwed me over for the last time!

But in all honesty, this phone is pretty great! So far the best I have had, and surprisingly CM is extremely stable on this phone! Very happy with it.

Oh, by the way I am back from my slumber! How y'all!?

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote:
just on a note for those who are interested:

HTC apparently got their WiFi certified for a upcoming firmware upgrade (apparently to JB according to their naming scheme) on December 3rd 2012 already!!

in comparison, the original certificate for the initial release of fireball was done on mid February 2012

NB1: this is just some add-on info! i obviously have NO access to that rom or any further details on this build that is named on wi-fi.org !!

NB2: oh and YES i DO know that there IS a published rom by HTC labeled 3.02.605.1, just that this was for Vivow (Droid2) on Verizon more than a year earlier ... but the certificate states that the test had been passed for PJ53xxx, which indeed IS our Fireball and NOT Vivow
I am confused... Are we in 2014 or 2012? Did I miss a trip in a time machine y'all took? Can you clarify the dates?
=== <<< @ >>> ===

Droid X2: Ditched!, Droid Inc2: SOLD, Droid Incredible 4G LTE: CM11.2 KitKat 4.4.2, TFP: Unlocked and on Stock JB 4.1.1 -> heaven, NOT SOLD!, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Stock 4.4.2, iPod Touch 4g: Stock iOS 6 (iOS 6 bad, my $0.02)

Tags
fireball, firmware 3.02.605.1, htc, unpublished, verizon