Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Broken screen, ADB unauthorized on PC, how can I access files?

OP dankerton

27th May 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
My GS5 screen is not working and thus I cannot authorized my PC for ADB functions. I need to wipe google data before handing the phone off on ebay but have no way to access the files or flash any images. Any ideas?
27th May 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #2  
Mandeep148's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 238
 
1,167 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankerton

My GS5 screen is not working and thus I cannot authorized my PC for ADB functions. I need to wipe google data before handing the phone off on ebay but have no way to access the files or flash any images. Any ideas?

Try to reinstall Samsung kies. It should work fine. If kies will work properly then PC will access the file without any issue.make sure your phone is turned on. Because u said ur screen is not working I don't its visible or not. If it is then try kies.

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app
27th May 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep148

Try to reinstall Samsung kies. It should work fine. If kies will work properly then PC will access the file without any issue.make sure your phone is turned on. Because u said ur screen is not working I don't its visible or not. If it is then try kies.

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app

I need to access root files and delete my google account info.
27th May 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #4  
Mandeep148's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 238
 
1,167 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankerton

I need to access root files and delete my google account info.

Just change ur Google password. Would b best idea. And automatically from phone it will stop work.

If screen is visible and touch is not working. Just go to recovery mode. Then select factory data reset by pressing volume up and down yo navigate

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app
27th May 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep148

Just change ur Google password. Would b best idea. And automatically from phone it will stop work.

If screen is visible and touch is not working. Just go to recovery mode. Then select factory data reset by pressing volume up and down yo navigate

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app

I shoulda been clearer, there is no screen at all

So I was able to use kies to install a stock firmware which I believe wiped all my data. If I backup contacts it shows nothing so the google account must be reset. And the internal drive is all empty. Think I'm ready to rock. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes