Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Headphone port not working

OP iArvee

25th May 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

136 posts
So I used the phone in the pool earlier. (Pics and vids were great!) allowed it to fully dry before using the headphone port. It just doesn't work anymore. Could my headphone port be broken? Or should I put it in rice?
25th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Port louis
Thanks Meter: 50

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArvee

So I used the phone in the pool earlier. (Pics and vids were great!) allowed it to fully dry before using the headphone port. It just doesn't work anymore. Could my headphone port be broken? Or should I put it in rice?

let it sit in a container of rice over night switch the mobile, open flaps, and remove sd,sim and let the flaps open
25th May 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

64 posts
Quote:

get a piece of kitchen roll coil it up so it fits in the jack and dry it off also use some compressed air if you have it. I had the same problem and this fixes it every time
26th May 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 24

132 posts
Quote:

Does it can't work after you put it into pool?
It is possible it happens due to software problem.
26th May 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaf46

let it sit in a container of rice over night switch the mobile, open flaps, and remove sd,sim and let the flaps open

Putting it in rice did the trick! It works fine after putting it into the pool. Probably some water didn't get dried up inside the headphone port.
26th May 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag Port louis
Thanks Meter: 50

143 posts
More
Quote:

Putting it in rice did the trick! It works fine after putting it into the pool. Probably some water didn't get dried up inside the headphone port.

i'm happy for you my friend, next time try to get these
i don't know if they sell it by piece but hay the price might be cheap its just rubber :3
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-pcs-Earph...item43ca210558
27th May 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 11

188 posts
More
I know this sounds strange, but run it under more water. I'm currently on holiday and been using it in water loads, almost every time I get in the pool, my headphones stop working. I thought maybe it would be crap in the pool water or something so switched it off, ran clean tap water directly into the port, blew the excess out and voila! Worked again. Not sure why but it's happened 3 times now and it's been spot on after a CLEAN water rinse and quick dry.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread