ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] HTC One M8 Home screen clock widget color

OP icemanxpe

27th May 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Makati
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Hi, So I've been using my One M8 for almost a week now. It's truly awesome. One thing I've noticed however is the difference in the color of my home screen clock widget. It appears to change automatically as seen in the screenshots taken a few hours apart. Is there a way to keep it on the black background with white text? Or is that a feature on the Sense 6? Changing themes doesn't seem to make any difference either. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M8 Screenshot2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	2765286   Click image for larger version

Name:	M8 Screenshot.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	2765287  
27th May 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanxpe

Hi, So I've been using my One M8 for almost a week now. It's truly awesome. One thing I've noticed however is the difference in the color of my home screen clock widget. It appears to change automatically as seen in the screenshots taken a few hours apart. Is there a way to keep it on the black background with white text? Or is that a feature on the Sense 6? Changing themes doesn't seem to make any difference either. Any thoughts?

At night is black, and during daytime is white, i think you can't change that without rooting
The Following User Says Thank You to HTC_One_M8_91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #3  
nuts77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
286 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanxpe

Hi, So I've been using my One M8 for almost a week now. It's truly awesome. One thing I've noticed however is the difference in the color of my home screen clock widget. It appears to change automatically as seen in the screenshots taken a few hours apart. Is there a way to keep it on the black background with white text? Or is that a feature on the Sense 6? Changing themes doesn't seem to make any difference either. Any thoughts?

Clock changes color depending on the time : white = day, black = night.

If you want to keep only one color you will have to flash some mod
The Following User Says Thank You to nuts77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Makati
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts77

Clock changes color depending on the time : white = day, black = night.

If you want to keep only one color you will have to flash some mod

thanks guys for the response. I figured as much. i'm guessing that the phone considers night as when it's still dark outside and day as when there's still light from the sun?
27th May 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #5  
nuts77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
286 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanxpe

thanks guys for the response. I figured as much. i'm guessing that the phone considers night as when it's still dark outside and day as when there's still light from the sun?

Not sure, but I believe it's set on the time of sunset/sunrise from your identified location
27th May 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Makati
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts77

Not sure, but I believe it's set on the time of sunset/sunrise from your identified location

Copy that. I guess the best way to find out is to observe it. Thanks again.
27th May 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
If there's a way to put a widget on the lock screen than you don't have to root your phone, you just have to configure widget so it's always black/white, depends on what do you want.
27th May 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Makati
Thanks Meter: 2
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_One_M8_91

If there's a way to put a widget on the lock screen than you don't have to root your phone, you just have to configure widget so it's always black/white, depends on what do you want.

Ok, so the home screen clock widget just changed from the white background to the black background this happened 6pm my local time. So it looks like the colors change at 6pm/6am.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes