Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 42,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS not backed up.

Tip us?

theperson333
Old
(Last edited by theperson333; 27th May 2014 at 08:12 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default SMS not backed up.

I did a downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1. To make the transition smoother, I planned to wipe data, so I backed up with PCC. After the 4.1 downgrade, I tried to restore, but it didn't restore my SMS. After googling, I gathered that that feature doesn't actually do anything. I extracted the mmssms.db using this tool:https://github.com/nelenkov/android-backup-extractor

This extract only contain the last text sent/received with the recipient. Are the texts stored elsewhere on the phone?

p.s. my db is 1mb in size and I've had the phone since October and not done a data wipe until yesterday. I'm thinking that this is not big enough for the amount of texts I send. I send on average at least 3 SMS per day. On some days, 30 in a single day. Most of my texts are roughly 300 characters.
Devices
Xperia m c1905(a perfect companion for mn2)

Samsung Galaxy mini

SmartWatch(mn2)

Nokia 6500

Instead of typing thanks, why not press thanks if I helped you?

theperson333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by theperson333 View Post
I did a downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1. To make the transition smoother, I planned to wipe data, so I backed up with PCC. After the 4.1 downgrade, I tried to restore, but it didn't restore my SMS. After googling, I gathered that that feature doesn't actually do anything. I extracted the mmssms.db using this tool:https://github.com/nelenkov/android-backup-extractor

This extract only contain the last text sent/received with the recipient. Are the texts stored elsewhere on the phone?

p.s. my db is 1mb in size and I've had the phone since October and not done a data wipe until yesterday. I'm thinking that this is not big enough for the amount of texts I send. I send on average at least 3 SMS per day. On some days, 30 in a single day. Most of my texts are roughly 300 characters.
I had a look at the data at the data files for hangouts and the stock sony app. No data was found there in my case.
Devices
Xperia m c1905(a perfect companion for mn2)

Samsung Galaxy mini

SmartWatch(mn2)

Nokia 6500

Instead of typing thanks, why not press thanks if I helped you?