SMS not backed up.

25th May 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

91 posts
More
I did a downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1. To make the transition smoother, I planned to wipe data, so I backed up with PCC. After the 4.1 downgrade, I tried to restore, but it didn't restore my SMS. After googling, I gathered that that feature doesn't actually do anything. I extracted the mmssms.db using this tool:https://github.com/nelenkov/android-backup-extractor

This extract only contain the last text sent/received with the recipient. Are the texts stored elsewhere on the phone?

p.s. my db is 1mb in size and I've had the phone since October and not done a data wipe until yesterday. I'm thinking that this is not big enough for the amount of texts I send. I send on average at least 3 SMS per day. On some days, 30 in a single day. Most of my texts are roughly 300 characters.
Last edited by theperson333; 27th May 2014 at 08:12 AM.
27th May 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theperson333

I did a downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1. To make the transition smoother, I planned to wipe data, so I backed up with PCC. After the 4.1 downgrade, I tried to restore, but it didn't restore my SMS. After googling, I gathered that that feature doesn't actually do anything. I extracted the mmssms.db using this tool:https://github.com/nelenkov/android-backup-extractor

This extract only contain the last text sent/received with the recipient. Are the texts stored elsewhere on the phone?

p.s. my db is 1mb in size and I've had the phone since October and not done a data wipe until yesterday. I'm thinking that this is not big enough for the amount of texts I send. I send on average at least 3 SMS per day. On some days, 30 in a single day. Most of my texts are roughly 300 characters.

I had a look at the data at the data files for hangouts and the stock sony app. No data was found there in my case.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread