Thread Closed

[Q] Help on what rom may be right for me.

OP zephar

26th May 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have the motorola atrix 4g currently has android 2.3.6 carrier ATT. Normally I could really care less about eye candy etc, but I find the final build att put out to be a little buggy.
All the mods I have found on this forum and another are just over welming. All I want is a stable rom that will run efficiently and allow me to completely get rid of moto blur. I am technically savy, but have little experience with roms on phones. So any youtube links and how to you think would be a help to me I would greatly appreciate.
26th May 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362

1,058 posts
More
That's a very subjective opinion, and this kind of threads aren't allowed by the rules.

The advice is the same as always been: go to esch rom thread, read, read and read. Then make a choice, if you don't like the result, either go back to you backup or try another one.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to andresrivas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

That's a very subjective opinion, and this kind of threads aren't allowed by the rules.

The advice is the same as always been: go to esch rom thread, read, read and read. Then make a choice, if you don't like the result, either go back to you backup or try another one.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Ok, maybe I am missing something on the forum. When I goto the developers forum I seem some rom here and there posted. Is there an easier way to get a list of all the stable roms developed for this device so I can just read through each one? Searching been a bigger part of the issue.
27th May 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 600

1,670 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephar

I have the motorola atrix 4g currently has android 2.3.6 carrier ATT. Normally I could really care less about eye candy etc, but I find the final build att put out to be a little buggy.
All the mods I have found on this forum and another are just over welming. All I want is a stable rom that will run efficiently and allow me to completely get rid of moto blur. I am technically savy, but have little experience with roms on phones. So any youtube links and how to you think would be a help to me I would greatly appreciate.

@andresrivas is correct. this thread, at least the first post, smells of a "what is the best ROM" kind of thread. that kind is banned on xda, which is what he was referring to. In order to completely get rid of motoblur, you need to go to a custom ROM (Paranoid, AOKP, and CyanogenMod are the more common ones).

Your first step would be to read the how to unlock, root, and flash a custom recovery, and then do it. if you already are, then you can skip that part.

Next is to decide what Android version you want to be on, GB (2.3 series), ICS (4.0.4), or JB (4.1-4.3). From there, you really are on your own as far as what ROM you pick.
27th May 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 7,754

2,895 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread closed, each of us have their own choices and preferences on choosing ROM. So try for yourself you will find many..
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread