Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] htc charger... quick help please

Tip us?

simpl3lang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Question [Q] htc charger... quick help please

need a quick help here. i accidentally left my charger at work overnight, and someone decided that its his/her's now ....ive searched around and cant find place to buy the original charger that came with the m8. HTC's website doesnt have it. amazon doesnt. even ebay dont carry it.

i need of a charger. currently using a LG G2 charger thats rated 1.8a 5v .....but with a super slow cable.

is the LG charger okay to use? will it damage my m8 in the long run?

i am also buying this cable on amazon. buy or dont buy?
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Univer...icro+usb+cable

yes, i know there is a quickcharge 2.0 coming out. seeing as the cable is only $5 ...im thinking it will do for now.

thanks in advance

D0GuKaN
Old
Thanks Meter 16
HTC charger outputs 5V and 1.5A. As long as output voltage is same, you can use different chargers. Ampere value just affects charging time. Higher ampere means faster charge. In long term, it can shorten your battery's life, but I don't think 0.3A can cause an observable affect

simpl3lang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GuKaN View Post
HTC charger outputs 5V and 1.5A. As long as output voltage is same, you can use different chargers. Ampere value just affects charging time. Higher ampere means faster charge. In long term, it can shorten your battery's life, but I don't think 0.3A can cause an observable affect
thanks. ordering now

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpl3lang View Post
thanks. ordering now
I use all sorts of chargers. They are pretty much standard now as far as micro usb goes. As said some are higher rated some are lower. I don't think there is any that will damage the phone as long as its designed for charging and is 5v.

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1,047
I too use multiple chargers and cables and the only issue I've had is a double length cable that works for charging but won't allow connections to the pc

XDA app on m8 running venom
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 935
I charger capable of delivering more current will not damage your phone since the phone won't draw more current than it wants.