Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] htc charger... quick help please

OP simpl3lang

27th May 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

233 posts
need a quick help here. i accidentally left my charger at work overnight, and someone decided that its his/her's now ....ive searched around and cant find place to buy the original charger that came with the m8. HTC's website doesnt have it. amazon doesnt. even ebay dont carry it.

i need of a charger. currently using a LG G2 charger thats rated 1.8a 5v .....but with a super slow cable.

is the LG charger okay to use? will it damage my m8 in the long run?

i am also buying this cable on amazon. buy or dont buy?
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Univer...icro+usb+cable

yes, i know there is a quickcharge 2.0 coming out. seeing as the cable is only $5 ...im thinking it will do for now.

thanks in advance
27th May 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 16

177 posts
More
HTC charger outputs 5V and 1.5A. As long as output voltage is same, you can use different chargers. Ampere value just affects charging time. Higher ampere means faster charge. In long term, it can shorten your battery's life, but I don't think 0.3A can cause an observable affect
27th May 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GuKaN

HTC charger outputs 5V and 1.5A. As long as output voltage is same, you can use different chargers. Ampere value just affects charging time. Higher ampere means faster charge. In long term, it can shorten your battery's life, but I don't think 0.3A can cause an observable affect

thanks. ordering now
27th May 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 48

302 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpl3lang

thanks. ordering now

I use all sorts of chargers. They are pretty much standard now as far as micro usb goes. As said some are higher rated some are lower. I don't think there is any that will damage the phone as long as its designed for charging and is 5v.
27th May 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,049

9,107 posts
More
I too use multiple chargers and cables and the only issue I've had is a double length cable that works for charging but won't allow connections to the pc

XDA app on m8 running venom
27th May 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,024

3,727 posts
I charger capable of delivering more current will not damage your phone since the phone won't draw more current than it wants.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread