MIUI for Xolo Q900
MIUI has been updated to a more recent version.
ROM version: 4.6.27
- Phone became extremely user friendly
- The ROM is very stable and has no bugs(Yes! Not even a single!)
- The heating problem in stock rom is absent or solved to some extent
- Wifi connection was dropping in stock rom which is absent in MIUI
- The apps and launcher were really awsome!
- Lots and lots of new functionalities
- Extremely beautiful themes and User interfaces
- Continuous software updates and patches with support
- Heavy graphics games were working fluid!!!(Asphalt 8, NFS MW, Modern combat 4 etc...)
MIUI 4.6.27 Changelog
- Extended power menu.
- 3G active sim card switch
- Some layouts fixes
- 2G/3G toggle fixed
- Engineer Mode built-in
- Several major fixes of original release (911 city code problem, sim/pin auth problem, volume wakelock setting, smilies etc...)
- Key lights never switching on when touching the screen
- MX/Youtube/GMail settings error fixed
- AGPS & EPO fixed
- Device friendly autobrightness level constants
- JB 4.2.1 based
- Full dual sim support
- Fast, smooth, stable
Home screen New - MIUI Market apps downloading/Installing status will show in home screen
Gallery Optimization - Enhanced image viewing speed
Compass Fix - Errors in Calibrate compass function
Browser Optimization - Optimized cache mechanism
Security Fix - Could not clean empty folders
Phone Fix - It was slow to register to WCDMA network in booting up in some areas
For installing Clockworkmod, please go here
We must not forget the efforts of Shikhar A for creating the
CWM for Q900 without him these would still have been impossible!!!
Download The MIUI ROM here
Time to install the ROM
- Rename the file to a small name(like update.zip or whatever you like)
- Copy the zip file to root of Memory card and not into some folders(important!)
- NOTE: Backup everything you want since this rom formats your phone completely!!!
- Turn off your mobile
- Now press volume-down and power button at same time
- Your mobile boots into CWM recovery
- Use volume buttons to navigate and power button to select
- Choose to erase data and cache(Factory Reset)
- Select Advanced=>Choose wipe Dalvik Cache
- Choose to install ROM.zip
- Install rom.zip from SD card
- Choose the <zip-name>.zip
- Confirm Yes to install the ROM
- Installation begins!
- Let the installation finish
- Choose to restart after installation completes
Please be very patient! The first boot takes longer which is completely normal...
After that, CONGRATULATIONS
! You have installed the MIUI successfully
Feel free to try the new features..
What is not working? OTA updates
What is working? Everything
1.) When i check for system upgrades in about menu, system hangs. why?
MIUI is not officially supported for Q900. Hence OTA updates are
not available for it. But please note that there will be updates
and you need to visit this page for frequent updates...
2.) There are lots of Bloatwares and i hate it!!!
Don't worry! Even i hate that too! Hence 99% of the bloatwares
can be uninstalled in apps section.
4.) I cannot change the ringtone in settings?
Use the themes to set ringtone.
Should you encounter any issues, please for God's sake report me and
i will fix it rather than scolding..
Thanks for installing my ROM!
I made this ROM to help and make Q900 users happy and to get rid of stupid stock ROM
Hit thanks if i helped you!!!
Thanks for your patience and visiting this page...