Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 48,096 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How Is Remote PC?

Tip us?

NumairRana
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default How Is Remote PC?

I'm about to make the plunge and buy a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 in the next few days (BTW there's a deal on Samsung's website that gives you the Samsung keyboard case that retails for $130 for free with the Tablet). Anyways, I was wondering how really good the Remote PC feature is on the Note 12.2. Is it lagfree, how is browsing on it if possible. And can you download files onto the PC with the app and then transfer it to your tablet? It sounds like a great app in theory I wanna know how good it is in real life usage.

bruteoutlawz
Old
(Last edited by bruteoutlawz; 27th May 2014 at 09:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumairRana View Post
I'm about to make the plunge and buy a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 in the next few days (BTW there's a deal on Samsung's website that gives you the Samsung keyboard case that retails for $130 for free with the Tablet). Anyways, I was wondering how really good the Remote PC feature is on the Note 12.2. Is it lagfree, how is browsing on it if possible. And can you download files onto the PC with the app and then transfer it to your tablet? It sounds like a great app in theory I wanna know how good it is in real life usage.
Its pretty good, only tried it quickly the other day. Browsing is fine, videos do lag a bit. Not sure about the downloading, i just use dropbox for that.

NumairRana
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteoutlawz View Post
Its pretty good, only tried it quickly the other day. Browsing is fine, videos do lag a bit. Not sure about the downloading, i just use dropbox for that.
Thanks for the response. So if I streamed a YouTube video on the app, it would lag a lot huh? I'm not expecting a lot from it but at least having no lag would be a starting point haha.

bruteoutlawz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumairRana View Post
Thanks for the response. So if I streamed a YouTube video on the app, it would lag a lot huh? I'm not expecting a lot from it but at least having no lag would be a starting point haha.
Its not really bad lag but quite a bit slower then if you are watching on your pc. I think thats standard for any remote pc solution though.

spton
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default I tried out remote pc but prefer teamviewer

And its free. Seems to work faster and smoother fwiw