Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 40,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing wifi android version on LTE tablet

Tip us?

florox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Installing wifi android version on LTE tablet

Hi guys,

currently i own a Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) - SM-P605, so is the variant with the LTE connectivity.
While i like to have mobile connectivity on my devices, i don't necessarily use it all the time, so i'm thinking if it is possible to install 4.4.2 android version for SM-P600 on this LTE variant, and reinstall the LTE variant later, when available..? Of course i assume only wifi connectivity until than...

If i remember well, i think i did once this on the first variant of galaxy note 10.1, by mistake, obviously, but it worked...

I'm looking for an advised opinion, please let me know what you think!

thanks a lot in advance,
f

Chalao
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by florox View Post
Hi guys,

currently i own a Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) - SM-P605, so is the variant with the LTE connectivity.
While i like to have mobile connectivity on my devices, i don't necessarily use it all the time, so i'm thinking if it is possible to install 4.4.2 android version for SM-P600 on this LTE variant, and reinstall the LTE variant later, when available..? Of course i assume only wifi connectivity until than...

If i remember well, i think i did once this on the first variant of galaxy note 10.1, by mistake, obviously, but it worked...

I'm looking for an advised opinion, please let me know what you think!

thanks a lot in advance,
f

I would be really surprised if you flashed the P600 firmware on the P605 and it worked. The P600 has an Exynos CPU, the P605 has a Qualcomm CPU and if you flash the wrong firmware you will most likely brick your device.

Advice: Under no circumstances try to flash a P600 firmware on a P605 or vice versa!

<< Galaxy S4 | KK 4.4.4 | CyanogenMod 11 | Knox free | CM-11-20140623-NIGHTLY-i9500 >>
<< Galaxy Note 3 | KK 4.4.3 | CyanogenMod 11 | Knox 0x1 | CM-11-20140619-NIGHTLY-HLTE >>
The Following User Says Thank You to Chalao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

florox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalao View Post
I would be really surprised if you flashed the P600 firmware on the P605 and it worked. The P600 has an Exynos CPU, the P605 has a Qualcomm CPU and if you flash the wrong firmware you will most likely brick your device.

Advice: Under no circumstances try to flash a P600 firmware on a P605 or vice versa!
Ohhh, in this case, of course...
I was convinced that there is a wifi version of the tablet with Qualcomm too...
thanks a lot!
Tags
kitkat 4.4.2, lte 4.2.2, note 10.1 2014 edition