Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 40,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]********Lots questions on Installing NEW bootloader for 4.2 and 4.3 firmware*****

Tip us?
 
laofan
Old
#1  
laofan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 280
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Question [Q]********Lots questions on Installing NEW bootloader for 4.2 and 4.3 firmware*****

Hi guys,

I have two T-mobile galaxy s4 M919, one is on MDL firmware and the other is on MK2 firmware.

Here is a few question I really need your wisdom and suggestion.

1. For the MDL firmware, I have simunlocked and rooted it. Also installed TWRP.
Now I am loooking to install the Omega kitkat rom v30. In its installation instruction it requires as following:

Flash the new bootloder and modems with odin
Bootloader -> BL_I9505XXUFNAD_481100_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5
If you already have the new Kit Kat bootloader there is no need to flash it again.
Modems XXUFNC9 -> I9505XXUFNC9_GSM_LTE_Modems.tar

My questions are :

1). Do I need to update my t-mobile bootloader? ( I know should use t-mobile ones). I know if updated could not go back.
2). I thinks I need to install a kitkat modem, which one should I use? Or I should just flash the KT-SGS4 - MJ5 kernel ?
3). If I just want to flash the Insane rom, do I also need to flash bootloader and flash NB4 modem?



Now is questions for the other phone.

2. For the phone with MK2 firnware s4 ( this is another Phone!), I have been following this guide to sim unlock it :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2654058
I am downloding files now. just want to make sure

1) do I need to odin back to 4.3 after my phone is unlocke with old MDL system.
2) if I want to install 4.4 roms, what should I do ?


Thank you for any of your suggestion or ideas.
 
mrzhadow
Old
#2  
mrzhadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 453
Posts: 808
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Marysville WA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by laofan View Post
Hi guys,

I have two T-mobile galaxy s4 M919, one is on MDL firmware and the other is on MK2 firmware.

Here is a few question I really need your wisdom and suggestion.

1. For the MDL firmware, I have simunlocked and rooted it. Also installed TWRP.
Now I am loooking to install the Omega kitkat rom v30. In its installation instruction it requires as following:

Flash the new bootloder and modems with odin
Bootloader -> BL_I9505XXUFNAD_481100_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5
If you already have the new Kit Kat bootloader there is no need to flash it again.
Modems XXUFNC9 -> I9505XXUFNC9_GSM_LTE_Modems.tar

My questions are :

1). Do I need to update my t-mobile bootloader? ( I know should use t-mobile ones). I know if updated could not go back.
2). I thinks I need to install a kitkat modem, which one should I use? Or I should just flash the KT-SGS4 - MJ5 kernel ?
3). If I just want to flash the Insane rom, do I also need to flash bootloader and flash NB4 modem?



Now is questions for the other phone.

2. For the phone with MK2 firnware s4 ( this is another Phone!), I have been following this guide to sim unlock it :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2654058
I am downloding files now. just want to make sure

1) do I need to odin back to 4.3 after my phone is unlocke with old MDL system.
2) if I want to install 4.4 roms, what should I do ?


Thank you for any of your suggestion or ideas.
OK. For the MDL phone you should only update your modem unless you want Knox. I see that the files you have chosen are for th I9505. You should never flash international Bootloader or modem or you will brick the phone. So just flash the nb4 modem and flash a KitKat ROM so you can keep your warranty.

Now for the 4.3 phone. All you have to do is root it and flash the nb4 modem or you can flash the full firmware. Either way will work for you since you already have Knox it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrzhadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
laofan
Old
#3  
laofan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 280
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow View Post
OK. For the MDL phone you should only update your modem unless you want Knox. I see that the files you have chosen are for th I9505. You should never flash international Bootloader or modem or you will brick the phone. So just flash the nb4 modem and flash a KitKat ROM so you can keep your warranty.

Now for the 4.3 phone. All you have to do is root it and flash the nb4 modem or you can flash the full firmware. Either way will work for you since you already have Knox it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
thank you for the timing reply. Now I have more confidence to do next.

just wanted to clarify, For MDL phone, I should flash NB4 modem, kitkat rom and then a T-mobile kernel if going for the Omega i9505 Rom. am I correct?
 
mrzhadow
Old
#4  
mrzhadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 453
Posts: 808
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Marysville WA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by laofan View Post
thank you for the timing reply. Now I have more confidence to do next.

just wanted to clarify, For MDL phone, I should flash NB4 modem, kitkat rom and then a T-mobile kernel if going for the Omega i9505 Rom. am I correct?
Correct. You can try the mk2 modem first if you like and then try nb4. You can switch them as you like depending on their performance. Its totally up to you. I would just hate to see you waste your warranty. Not everybody is as lucky as you and I my friend. We both have the stock MDL Bootloader. That's something to brag about now days!!:thumbup:

BTW I am on Insane KitKat and I gotta be honest with you, it is by far the best ROM I have used since MIUI back in my vibrant days! Keep calm, read and flash on my friend!! Wow! From now on that should be my signature jk

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Just so you are aware though. Flashing international ROMs will break some features in your phone like WiFi calling and who knows what else.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrzhadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
laofan
Old
#5  
laofan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 280
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow View Post
Correct. You can try the mk2 modem first if you like and then try nb4. You can switch them as you like depending on their performance. Its totally up to you. I would just hate to see you waste your warranty. Not everybody is as lucky as you and I my friend. We both have the stock MDL Bootloader. That's something to brag about now days!!:thumbup:

BTW I am on Insane KitKat and I gotta be honest with you, it is by far the best ROM I have used since MIUI back in my vibrant days! Keep calm, read and flash on my friend!! Wow! From now on that should be my signature jk

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
Haha, thanks! I would install insane in one phone and the Omega in the other ( the Omega rom is the hottest rom for i9505).

Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to laofan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mrzhadow
Old
#6  
mrzhadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 453
Posts: 808
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Marysville WA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by laofan View Post
Haha, thanks! I would install insane in one phone and the Omega in the other ( the Omega rom is the hottest rom for i9505).

Cheers.
Salud my friend!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes