Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone won't boot for 2 minutes after flashing rom

Tip us?

morfini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Phone won't boot for 2 minutes after flashing rom

After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update

jimmydigital00
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfini View Post
After flashing arhd 7.0, before hitting reboot button in twrp, my phone turns off and I can't get it back to life. I keep holding power button + volume up or down being in panic for a couple of minutes. After that my phone boots.I am not sure after what combination of buttons.This happened several times. Does anyone has any suggestions? I 'm afraid my phone won't boot again eventually after flashing a new update
In the twrp settings screen turn off the screen saver setting. I forget what it says exactly but once you turn this off that should stop happening.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmydigital00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

morfini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydigital00 View Post
In the twrp settings screen turn off the screen saver setting. I forget what it says exactly but once you turn this off that should stop happening.
Thanks I will try this. Hope won't happen again

ASL3312
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I panicked after flashing AR7.0 as I thought I had bricked my M8. The screen goes black and doesnt respond, but I found that if you just leave it for a good few minutes it will boot up properly. It stays on the white HTC splash screen for a while too.

danguyf
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Happens to me too. I'm not sure if it's really the screen lock, but if you just leave it alone for a bit the screen will come back on and then you can tell TWRP to reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to danguyf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ring_GT
Old
Thanks Meter 31
First time i flashed and the screen turned off nearly gave me a heart attack

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Android は最高だよ!!
Xperia Z Ultra
Galaxy Note 2
Galaxy S3 I9300
Motorola Xoom MZ604 (Retired)
HTC Desire (Retired)
Iphone 4 (Company Issued, No choice)
The Following User Says Thank You to ring_GT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ASL3312
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring_GT View Post
First time i flashed and the screen turned off nearly gave me a heart attack

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes so I did I. My first attempt at flashing an android custom ROM and I thought I'd balls'd it up!!