Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note Pro BAD graphics?

Tip us?

prohackerbro
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Note Pro BAD graphics?

Hi,
As the title is saying, the graphics performance on this 800€ tab is TOO BAD.
I have the exynos version, so I don't know How the snapdragon version is.
Any suggestions? Any experiences? Asphalt 8 is unplayable!:banghead: It runs much better on an single cone device! Do you think Samsung will ever do something?
Lots of regards, prohackerbro

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Bad on asphalt 8 yes, the high settings seem to practically bring the exynos processor to its knees while on asphalt 7 game play is buttery smooth. Whether gameloft will do any further optimization for this tablet remains to be seen. I'm not a gamer so I could care less but I feel for those who expect high performance from a tablet this expensive. It sure would be nice to play games on a large screen device like this using a game controller.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

prohackerbro
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
Bad on asphalt 8 yes, the high settings seem to practically bring the exynos processor to its knees while on asphalt 7 game play is buttery smooth. Whether gameloft will do any further optimization for this tablet remains to be seen. I'm not a gamer so I could care less but I feel for those who expect high performance from a tablet this expensive. It sure would be nice to play games on a large screen device like this using a game controller.

You mean that gameloft must do something? I think its more caused from the high resolution... And the gpu cant handle it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

madjinx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by prohackerbro View Post
You mean that gameloft must do something? I think its more caused from the high resolution... And the gpu cant handle it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I would suspect it's the game not being optimized to run on the hardware. I can think of a handful of other games with great graphics that have no trouble running on this tablet. I would think if it was the hardware, those high detail games would have issues too.

That and gameloft has kinda been slow to update its games for newer hardware. I can think of a couple of their games that had issues with new devices, took them months to release a update, after that the games ran well.

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Yup. Certainly the resolution will be an issue too but again, the game developer has to make adjustments to account for it.

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by prohackerbro View Post
Hi,
As the title is saying, the graphics performance on this 800€ tab is TOO BAD.
I have the exynos version, so I don't know How the snapdragon version is.
Any suggestions? Any experiences? Asphalt 8 is unplayable!:banghead: It runs much better on an single cone device! Do you think Samsung will ever do something?
Lots of regards, prohackerbro

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app
This is an example of a game badly optimized for the exynos. The exynos is almost identical to the snapdragon in terms of power and performance however snapdragon gets more dev love. Any game that is properly optomized though will look gorgeous on this tablet and play very well. I havent had any game iv chosen to install play any less than fantastically. If you want c ok ntact the devs of asphalt and ask for it to be fixed. It isnt samsungs fault. Snapdragons have lte built in so it was more effective to go with the exynos for the wifi model.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 59
XCOM Enemy Unknown is another example of bad optimization on Exynos devices. Low fps, stutter and lots of crashing.

cavkic
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'll be getting my P905 (the snapdragon version) tomorrow, I'll be sure to give you feedback on this matter when I get the time.
LG G2
Transformer Prime (don't really like it, never worked completely)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (SM-P905 Snapdragon version)

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 802
I find this rather funny, because the Note 3 Exynos has exactly the same problem.. As does the S4 Exynos..... And from both the Snapdragon device has no issues at all.

Lesson to be learned here: Don't buy a device with an Exynos if there's a Snapdragon edition as well.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

cavkic
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I've never had any problems with any Exynos-based chip. That said, the Snapdragon version is always better IMHO.
LG G2
Transformer Prime (don't really like it, never worked completely)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (SM-P905 Snapdragon version)