Ask a question

No registration required

What DON'T you like about the M8?

OP EVOme

17th May 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #161  
Thanks Meter: 49

408 posts
More
Agree the device is longer than needed. Should've incorporated the speakers into the glass

Also, I wish they stuck with capacitive and made the HTC logo a home button. There is literally almost 2 inches from the bottom to the usable part of the screen..rediculous. And the power button sux. Placement and response..mine is inverted and is flat. I've stuck to using the swipe to lock feature from elemental kernel.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
17th May 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #162  
Thanks Meter: 200

391 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycebo

Great suggestion. I'd love that...or 'any' gesture to 'sleep' the phone.

If you're rooted, there is a "triple tap to sleep" mod out there. Also, swiping the nav bar puts it to sleep.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ark1406 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #163  
Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 20

161 posts
Ive just upgraded from the OneX+ which was a solid phone except for heat and game lag. Ive only had the M8 for a week and it kicks the OneX+ ass in every department. It runs way cooler and the GPS is fantastic so far. It locks to about 25 satellites in a few seconds and I didnt notice any extra heat while running gps. I use this to track my runs about 4 times a week. Its taking me a bit to get used to the size, but for the extra speakers, which sound great, and extra screen size I think I'll get over it pretty fast. Battery life is also much better. The only weird thing is the placement of the headphone socket, although with the ir blaster up top then maybe it was necessary.
27th May 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #164  
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 26

144 posts
More
I love the Camera for close distance photos. I hate the Camera for long distance shots.
27th May 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #165  
New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 8

114 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark1406

If you're rooted, there is a "triple tap to sleep" mod out there. Also, swiping the nav bar puts it to sleep.

Ended up using Nova Launcher gestures (double tap AND swipe up) to sleep the phone using the 'Lock Screen' app. A lot people suggested Screen Off and Lock but it was larger than it needed to be and also required more permissions. Mind you, Lock Screen is made a dev that I've not heard of so for all I know, I'm porting data directly to the Chinese government.
27th May 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #166  
Thanks Meter: 32

143 posts
I use widgetsoid to lock my screen and make a large invisible button which fills the bottom half of the homescreen.

I imagine it uses a lot of permissions as it does a lot of stuff.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread