Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD Card Issues

Tip us?

nerotix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 611
Question SD Card Issues

Hello All,

Two weeks ago I bought a new Samsung MicroSDHC Pro 64GB Class 10. Kinda from the beginning it wasn't working how it should.. I formated it EXT4, exFat and FAT32 but all give the same problem.

For example; I copy a flashable zip on my external sd card, copies just find, but as soon as I try to flash from the external sd card I keep getting an error and the flash failed, almost instantly. If I copy and flash the same file to my internal sd card, it works just fine and no problems what so ever.

I tried formatting it through Sense, GPe and even a USB card reader.. all give me the same issues. I can even make a titanium backup and it seems to work. Tho, as soon as I try to restore from it, it won't find the files from the backup..but when I check the external sd card on my pc (phone connect to pc by htc usb cable) the files are there and it seems the correct size. But when I want to try a batch restore in titanium backup, and I look the phone for backup folders, it finds the foder.. but when I actualy wanna start the batch recovery, it only sees 1/2/3 apps to restore, even tho there are over 70 apps to restore.

I'm at a loss at the moment, I feel like I've tried everything and nothing seemed to work. This is what the error looks like when trying to flash from external sd card:

E:Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/blablabla/blablabla.zip'
Updating partition details

Hope anyone could help me with the issue.

Thanks in advance<3
My 1st icon pack for Nova/Apex/Holo/ADW/LauncherPro: Just Flat

grentuu
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerotix View Post
Hello All,

Two weeks ago I bought a new Samsung MicroSDHC Pro 64GB Class 10. Kinda from the beginning it wasn't working how it should.. I formated it EXT4, exFat and FAT32 but all give the same problem.

For example; I copy a flashable zip on my external sd card, copies just find, but as soon as I try to flash from the external sd card I keep getting an error and the flash failed, almost instantly. If I copy and flash the same file to my internal sd card, it works just fine and no problems what so ever.

I tried formatting it through Sense, GPe and even a USB card reader.. all give me the same issues. I can even make a titanium backup and it seems to work. Tho, as soon as I try to restore from it, it won't find the files from the backup..but when I check the external sd card on my pc (phone connect to pc by htc usb cable) the files are there and it seems the correct size. But when I want to try a batch restore in titanium backup, and I look the phone for backup folders, it finds the foder.. but when I actualy wanna start the batch recovery, it only sees 1/2/3 apps to restore, even tho there are over 70 apps to restore.

I'm at a loss at the moment, I feel like I've tried everything and nothing seemed to work. This is what the error looks like when trying to flash from external sd card:

E:Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/blablabla/blablabla.zip'
Updating partition details

Hope anyone could help me with the issue.

Thanks in advance<3
I've seen in the past that 64gb cards have issues with formatting unless formatted in windows as Fat32 - mine did

As soon as I did that it worked.

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.
The Following User Says Thank You to grentuu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aer0zer0
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Have you checked it to make sure it's not fake? Where did you buy it from & what is the formatted capacity? Should be like 59gbs and change

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerotix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
Have you checked it to make sure it's not fake? Where did you buy it from & what is the formatted capacity? Should be like 59gbs and change

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Got it from a dutch website, through a person, not a company.. it had all legit packages etc, but how can I check to be 100% sure that it's real?

My computer shows it has 62,4GB total capacity.. reading it from card reader. Sounds wrong?

grentuu
Old
(Last edited by grentuu; 27th May 2014 at 01:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerotix View Post
Got it from a dutch website, through a person, not a company.. it had all legit packages etc, but how can I check to be 100% sure that it's real?

My computer shows it has 62,4GB total capacity.. reading it from card reader. Sounds wrong?
Deffo wrong. Sounds like a fake. Capacity is 64gb. Available is obviously lower after formatting. Legit packages mean nothing - take a look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFiePAL0Pg

I would return it asap

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.
The Following User Says Thank You to grentuu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerotix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu View Post
Deffo wrong. Sounds like a fake. Capacity is 64gb. Available is obviously lower after formatting. Legit packages mean nothing - take a look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFiePAL0Pg

I would return it asap
Meh so stupid.. never knew ppl still sell fake sd cards.. thought that time was over.. thanks for letting me know <3

aer0zer0
Old
Thanks Meter 47
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post52626530

this is the post i responded to in the forum a couple weeks ago, everything pertinent to testing your card seeing if it is fake or not is in there
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.