Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have the same problem?
Yes 0 0%
No 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Motion Launch is draining the battery

Tip us?

Revel1021
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Motion Launch is draining the battery

I've had this phone for almost 3 weeks now and I have been experiencing battery drainage when on standby. My battery would start off at 100% when I unplug it from the charger, and without using at all after half an hour I'd find it at 93 - 95%. So I installed a battery monitor (GSam Battery Monitor) and after a week I found that there were 2 things consuming most of the battery, the screen and multiple apps. So I decided to do a factory reset and test out the phone with the apps that came with the phone. The battery life improved slightly but it was still too much. I decided to check out the display, at first I thought it might be the brightness but then I remembered that motion launch also uses the screen (duh!). I turned it off today and so far I've only lost only 2% battery in 1 hour and 37 min, on standby. This is good and all but I really like motion launch, it's easier than reaching for the top of my phone when I'm using it with one-hand . My question is, does anyone have the same problem as I do? Cause if so it might be an issue with all the One (M8) phones running the software. If not, It might be my phone and I can send it to get fixed or something. Thanks

cristy7610
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revel1021 View Post
I've had this phone for almost 3 weeks now and I have been experiencing battery drainage when on standby. My battery would start off at 100% when I unplug it from the charger, and without using at all after half an hour I'd find it at 93 - 95%. So I installed a battery monitor (GSam Battery Monitor) and after a week I found that there were 2 things consuming most of the battery, the screen and multiple apps. So I decided to do a factory reset and test out the phone with the apps that came with the phone. The battery life improved slightly but it was still too much. I decided to check out the display, at first I thought it might be the brightness but then I remembered that motion launch also uses the screen (duh!). I turned it off today and so far I've only lost only 2% battery in 1 hour and 37 min, on standby. This is good and all but I really like motion launch, it's easier than reaching for the top of my phone when I'm using it with one-hand . My question is, does anyone have the same problem as I do? Cause if so it might be an issue with all the One (M8) phones running the software. If not, It might be my phone and I can send it to get fixed or something. Thanks
I don't have this issue.I have viper rom installed and motion launch all the time and I lose only 2% in 8 hours in standby.My screen on time is 7h30min.Try another rom or send it to change with another one.cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to cristy7610 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HTC_One_M8_91
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Motion launch isn't draining battery for me. I lose about 1-2 % when I leave it for the whole night
The Following User Says Thank You to HTC_One_M8_91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Motion launch shouldn't use much battery. Firstly the screen isn't always on waiting for touch input as you say. The touch response is only awakened when the phone sensors pick up movement. For this the HTC one uses a new device called a fusion sensor hub. This hub is a collection of sensors and is able to have active sensors that don't need the cpu and thus have a very low power requirement.

I'd look more into display options and turning the WiFi off when not needed and disabling some of the sync options.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dsmpampis
Old
Thanks Meter 165
I don't think that the battery draining has something with the motion launch to do. For example for me during the night on airplane mode, lose about 0,5% per hour.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Device: HTC oneM8 | ROM: Renovate | Kernel: ElementalX
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmpampis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Revel1021
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx View Post
Motion launch shouldn't use much battery. Firstly the screen isn't always on waiting for touch input as you say. The touch response is only awakened when the phone sensors pick up movement. For this the HTC one uses a new device called a fusion sensor hub. This hub is a collection of sensors and is able to have active sensors that don't need the cpu and thus have a very low power requirement.

I'd look more into display options and turning the WiFi off when not needed and disabling some of the sync options.
Yeah I think my issue is with sync. I'll test it out for the week maybe something will change. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Revel1021
Old
(Last edited by Revel1021; 27th May 2014 at 03:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I decided to try Wakelock Detector, I found something called "1013" keeping my phone almost 2 hours awake. I researched it and found no solutions to this problem just people reporting on the same issue with other devices. The app also showed me that my phone only gets 3 hours of deep sleep and it stays 8 hours awake. How can I fix this on a non-rooted device?

Edit: I found something that says that the 1013 is a partial wakelock and can be solved by a silencing touch sounds. Going to try it out and post the results here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-20-37.png
Views:	48
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	2765743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-17-24.png
Views:	42
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	2765744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-17-21.jpg
Views:	45