Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [NEED HELP] Bootloop After Repartition

Tip us?

sasawatd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] [NEED HELP] Bootloop After Repartition

I've a rooted ZTE V972M. I tried to increase internal storage following instructions in
"Re-Partition any MTK6589 Phone, Without A PC! (More /Data Storage!)"
When I reboot my phone, it stucks at logo screen.

What I've done trying to fix it:
1. Enter the recovery mode; it's a stock recovery (Android system recovery <3e>); wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition.
Result: still stuck at logo when rebooting.

2. Flash a stock ROM in recovery mode.
Result: Update aborted. In the log file, it says "failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)" detailed in attached file. The stock rom I used is for ZTE LEO S1, while my phone is DTAC LION HD which is a house brand of my phone carrier. So, there may be a problem of ROM signing.

3. I installed "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" and "ZTE_Android_Driver", and run "adb devices" command.
Result: There is nothing under " List of devices attached", so I assume adb cannot see my phone. In Windows' Device Manager, it shows "Portable Devices" and lists drive I:\ and K:\ under it.

In summary, My phone is rooted. I might have damaged partition /data and /cache which causes the bootloop. I can still enter stock recovery mode. I have a stock ROM, but may not be properly signed.

Please suggest me on what I can do next.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 20140526_105324.log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (8.5 KB, 13 views)

Lgrootnoob
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasawatd View Post
I've a rooted ZTE V972M. I tried to increase internal storage following instructions in
"Re-Partition any MTK6589 Phone, Without A PC! (More /Data Storage!)"
When I reboot my phone, it stucks at logo screen.

What I've done trying to fix it:
1. Enter the recovery mode; it's a stock recovery (Android system recovery <3e>); wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition.
Result: still stuck at logo when rebooting.

2. Flash a stock ROM in recovery mode.
Result: Update aborted. In the log file, it says "failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)" detailed in attached file. The stock rom I used is for ZTE LEO S1, while my phone is DTAC LION HD which is a house brand of my phone carrier. So, there may be a problem of ROM signing.

3. I installed "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" and "ZTE_Android_Driver", and run "adb devices" command.
Result: There is nothing under " List of devices attached", so I assume adb cannot see my phone. In Windows' Device Manager, it shows "Portable Devices" and lists drive I:\ and K:\ under it.

In summary, My phone is rooted. I might have damaged partition /data and /cache which causes the bootloop. I can still enter stock recovery mode. I have a stock ROM, but may not be properly signed.

Please suggest me on what I can do next.
Thanks.
can you return to stock using the mediatek flash tool and your stock firmware?(I'm not knowledgeable with MTK)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lgrootnoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sasawatd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgrootnoob View Post
can you return to stock using the mediatek flash tool and your stock firmware?(I'm not knowledgeable with MTK)
mediatek flash tool cannot see the phone either.
May be, if I can install CWM or TWRP, I might be able to update the stock rom with it. I've read elsewhere that If a phone can enter recovery mode, we can use fastboot in download mode. But I don't know how to install CWM or TWRP with fastboot.

Lgrootnoob
Old
(Last edited by Lgrootnoob; 27th May 2014 at 03:42 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasawatd View Post
mediatek flash tool cannot see the phone either.
May be, if I can install CWM or TWRP, I might be able to update the stock rom with it. I've read elsewhere that If a phone can enter recovery mode, we can use fastboot in download mode. But I don't know how to install CWM or TWRP with fastboot.
Driver issue?

Syntax for fastboot stuffz
try flashing:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
If flashing isn't working then try booting it directly
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img