[Q] Please help badly!! Droid razr maxx no os

OP Indiofua

27th May 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Okay so I am a newbie to rooting and have safestrap and rom toolbox on my phone and a few other things. I backed up my data and system of my stock rom. I then booted back into my stock with no problem . I then proceeded to make boot back to safestrap and make a rom, because I realized that I needed a rom to fool around in. I made the rom and realized that I needed a an actual downloaded rom.zip to make it work. The video I watched was very misleading, and I didn't pay attention to well, so I feel very ****ty for possibly ending my phone. So I pressed on my stock rom to activate and resumed to press the reboot the system and saw NO OS! I thought easy fix and tried to restore from the back up I made when I started this. It did its thing and failed over and over saying unable to mount /data , /cache , /system. I now don't know what to do. Is there a way to get the OS back. What did I do wrong? I really need help, I know I'm so stupid for making these mistakes didnt know fully what I was doing. Please help me get this thing back up and runnin.
27th May 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Btw The software is jellybean 4.1.2 if you need to ask me any questions feel free. Thank you
27th May 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 536

1,209 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiofua

Btw The software is jellybean 4.1.2 if you need to ask me any questions feel free. Thank you

If you have an XT912, use Matt's Utility from the dev section to flash your stock ROM back.

Read carefully before proceeding.
You'll need to install Moto drivers.
27th May 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank

If you have an XT912, use Matt's Utility from the dev section to flash your stock ROM back.

Read carefully before proceeding.
You'll need to install Moto drivers.

Would I just run the jellybean no wipe data official software? . And I'm still in safestrap menu. Can't leave that.
27th May 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Ok so I seem to have fixed the problem by shutting my phone down holding power, and booting in to ap fastboot, i realized my phone wasnt recognized by the computer, had a heart attack and booted back into normal mode. i then loaded into safestrap again and saw that all the memory was showing for my stock rom, then i rebooted the system and didnt get the no OS message , idk what happened or why it did this, can anyone possible explain? thank you
27th May 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 536

1,209 posts
Donate to Me
More
Glad you fixed..

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread