Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues with new samsung build

Tip us?

mpodval
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Issues with new samsung build

The new samsung build N900tuvudne6 has the following 3 issues for me:

Battery Drain
Can't set up security pin lock
unmounting the sdcard randomly

lmarranzino
Old
Thanks Meter 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodval View Post
The new samsung build N900tuvudne6 has the following 3 issues for me:

Battery Drain
Can't set up security pin lock
unmounting the sdcard randomly
This seems to be the ongoing issue also over on the international side of things. I so far have been lucky, I am running Omega v15 and having no issue with Pin (as I do not use it). So far SD card is also fine. Battery drain I have not noticed either so far. Just a couple days though.
NOTE 3 - T-MO
NOTE 2 - T-MO

mpodval
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarranzino View Post
This seems to be the ongoing issue also over on the international side of things. I so far have been lucky, I am running Omega v15 and having no issue with Pin (as I do not use it). So far SD card is also fine. Battery drain I have not noticed either so far. Just a couple days though.
I chose 2 roms (effortless and vision) specifically because they were not international. Still having issues and reverted back to sinless rom

dobbs3x
Old
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Been on effortless rom since he released the ne6 and I have not had one single issue, its been running flawlessly for me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbs3x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slick4mitch
Old
Thanks Meter 306
I have been running VisionX ND6 international rom for days and I don't have these issues. The lockscreen password pin works, SDcard doesnt unmount at all, and the battery life is amazing. Im also running LeanKernel KK 2.5

My only problem was the data dropping and the new modem fixed the issue.

pyrilium
Old
Thanks Meter 21
OP, are you running a NE6 kernel with these NE6 ROMs, or are you running one of the custom kernels? So far I think all of the custom kernels are based on NB4 (TMOUS) or others pre-NE6 (int'l); I read somewhere around here that samsung has yet to release the NE6 kernel source?

Anyway, I initially started running VisonX with a NB4 kernel, and I had a number of issues with it including battery drain - seemed like it wasn't getting into deep sleep much at all. Flashed the stock NE6 kernel, wiped dalvik, and no more issues… except I still think I was getting marginally better battery life on NB4 (custom) with a custom kernel that supported intelliplug and let me tweak settings more.

FWIW this is with the NE6 modem and apnhlos flashed, but all of the other random partitions still at NB4. I'm thinking about flashing the rest of the NE6 bits (minus recovery) but waiting to hear for sure that the NE6 bootloader still supports either running NB4 software or being downgraded to NB4.

Hope this helps.

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 523

DONATE TO ME
Running ne6 stock with the ne6 kernel and haven't encountered ANY issues. Custom kernels currently won't allow deep sleep which will cause battery drain when idle.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T
If I've helped you, hit the Thanks! button!

Devices:
2012 ASUS Nexus 7 - KitKat 4.4.4 Stock ROM - leanKernel(grouper) v4.0
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock ROM(N900TUVUDNF4) - leanKernel(N900T) v3.8

Helpful Threads by Me:

@l3X
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I'm on ne6, I did a factory reset, installed the whole tar through Odin, and rooted it. I feel like this is the best update so far I'm getting great battery life (without power saver, no tweaking anything) , no data drops... Everything working how it's supposed to.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to @l3X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redhatter
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Just fyi on battery, 2 weeks back I started getting massive battery drain went from all day to dead by 11 am..I did a complere wipe and restore of my phone but still the same thing.

Then I found a post about an update to Hangouts causing a drain issues ..so i unstalled all Hangouts updates and bingo..back to normal battery life...

Then a few days later same battery issue and sure enough it was Hangouts again i forgot to turn of autoupdate..uninstalled its updates ..and again back to normal..

The Hangout update is like turing a switch on and of that will cut batter life in half.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app