Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Boot loop after custom bootloader install

OP serazaziel

27th May 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hey folks, last night I followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708194 to get a custom bootloader installed on my tablet. Unlocking the bootloader was a bit strange, but worked. I downloaded the bootloader for the SGP511 wifi-only model and installed it without issues. After that, I rebooted and was stuck in a boot loop. The device starts by displaying the logo, then turns black and vibrates periodically a couple of times, then reboots and does the same over and over again. I had the device plugged in allowed to run for at least 45 minutes to see if it would help, but to no avail.
I can access the custom recovery included in the bootloader just fine, but the OS doesn't seem to like the new bootloader. Anyone know of a solution?
27th May 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 192

779 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serazaziel

Hey folks, last night I followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708194 to get a custom bootloader installed on my tablet. Unlocking the bootloader was a bit strange, but worked. I downloaded the bootloader for the SGP511 wifi-only model and installed it without issues. After that, I rebooted and was stuck in a boot loop. The device starts by displaying the logo, then turns black and vibrates periodically a couple of times, then reboots and does the same over and over again. I had the device plugged in allowed to run for at least 45 minutes to see if it would help, but to no avail.
I can access the custom recovery included in the bootloader just fine, but the OS doesn't seem to like the new bootloader. Anyone know of a solution?

You didn't read properly.

You have the new .402 firmware on your device, and the custom kernel / recovery is only compatible with .36 and .55 firmwares. (Doomlord is working on a new version, so just wait a few days.)

Press Volume-Up + Power for a few seconds (device will vibrate 3 times or so) to hard-reset the device.

Then flash a FTF of the .402 firmware with the xda Flashtool (not the Sony Flashtool) to restore functionality.
The Following User Says Thank You to hasenbein1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
That worked like a charm, thanks a million and sorry for not reading the instructions properly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

You didn't read properly.

You have the new .402 firmware on your device, and the custom kernel / recovery is only compatible with .36 and .55 firmwares. (Doomlord is working on a new version, so just wait a few days.)

Press Volume-Up + Power for a few seconds (device will vibrate 3 times or so) to hard-reset the device.

Then flash a FTF of the .402 firmware with the xda Flashtool (not the Sony Flashtool) to restore functionality.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread