Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 43,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to get emergency call button off lock screen

Tip us?

dlucks80
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default how to get emergency call button off lock screen

Ask stated in thread..can't get if off of there for the life of me...I've called 911 way to many times

Commodore 64
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Considering how limited our options are with no root availability, you can still try a different luncher like NovaLuncher from play store. It gives you more options to customize things, but I didn't try to see whether that particular option is there to be modified or not. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
If there is a problem, then there is a solution.

If I helped then please hit THANKS
The Following User Says Thank You to Commodore 64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skyrocketeer
Old
(Last edited by skyrocketeer; 27th May 2014 at 05:27 PM.) Reason: quote
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlucks80 View Post
Ask stated in thread..can't get if off of there for the life of me...I've called 911 way to many times
One option would be to use a different lockscreen.
Try a popular option: Widgetlocker - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.widgetlocker - $2.99

Or something more minimal: AcDisplay - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...chep.acdisplay - Free

If you don't use a passcode, the built in swipe lockscreen doesn't have an emergency call button.

Hit thanks if I helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
Considering how limited our options are with no root availability, you can still try a different luncher like NovaLuncher from play store. It gives you more options to customize things, but I didn't try to see whether that particular option is there to be modified or not. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Nova Launcher only changes the launcher; it doesn't affect the lockscreen.
Samsung SGH-X426 >Nokia 6126 > Sony Ericsson W580i > Nokia E62 > Palm Treo 680 > Palm Pre Plus > Samsung Skyrocket i727 with JellyBean!> Samsung Galaxy S5

Oh and a Kindle Fire HD 7 won from a raffle.

Remember to press Thanks if I helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to skyrocketeer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dlucks80
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default lock screen

Im using a pattern lock screen cause with just Swype lock while in my pocket it calls random peeps open apps all kinds of funky stuff happens lol but with the pattern it only calls 911 haha