Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,492 Members 53,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone else an this?

Tip us?

galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Anyone else an this?

I switched today from dalvik to ART to see if there is any noticeable battery performance or speed differences. When I rebooted I all of a sudden to my surprise got the custom unlock screen can anyone explain or elaborate? Should I get a new device.?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140523_111323.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	2759226  

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy s4 nutjob View Post
I switched today from dalvik to ART to see if there is any noticeable battery performance or speed differences. When I rebooted I all of a sudden to my surprise got the custom unlock screen can anyone explain or elaborate? Should I get a new device.?
Why was another thread started about this?
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott14719 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brivette007
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
FYI, there's been a bunch of threads about this already.
My devices:

Bigger and better each year

AT&T Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A) Rooted!
Previous: AT&T Galaxy S2 (SGH-I777) running SHOstock3 v4.0

skyrocketeer
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Many threads asking this question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2752888

Please search before posting; it would help everybody a lot

Also, to answer your question, the lockpad just signifies that you are running in ART mode. Beware though, some things like Private Mode DON'T work with ART so you will have issues.

hit thanks if I helped
Samsung SGH-X426 >Nokia 6126 > Sony Ericsson W580i > Nokia E62 > Palm Treo 680 > Palm Pre Plus > Samsung Skyrocket i727 with JellyBean!> Samsung Galaxy S5

Oh and a Kindle Fire HD 7 won from a raffle.

Remember to press Thanks if I helped you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyrocketeer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Default no private mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocketeer View Post
Many threads asking this question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2752888

Please search before posting; it would help everybody a lot

Also, to answer your question, the lockpad just signifies that you are running in ART mode. Beware though, some things like Private Mode DON'T work with ART so you will have issues.

hit thanks if I helped
I learned the hard way that private mode didn't work which sucks because I was enjoying the extended battery life that comes along with ART
P.S. sorry for not searching more on the subject